Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 07:50 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,106,871 times

Advertisements

Yes, please come...

If you want the best Cuban sandwich go to La Pola in WNY on 56th & Palisades
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 11:49 AM

5 posts, read 13,811 times
can't wait - looking forward to meeting all the Cubans in the RTP area.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:08 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,779,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
WHAT: CUBAN MEET - UP
WHEN: SATURDAY, JULY 26, 2008
WHERE: JORDAN LAKE in APEX, NC
TIME: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Hi Folks,

I've already written to many of you that have posted here before. Please check your e-mail or direct messages on city data for my message. My new NC friends and I would like to gather the Cuban transplants from all over the state and everyone else who would like to attend for a big meet-up. More details to come soon so keep checking this forum. Please share your thoughts and ideas on the meet-up or contact me directly.

amcjap
Amcjap,

I presume that all Cubans and non-cubans alike are invited. If not, that's cool, too. But I think this is a great opportunity for people in the triangle who have never been introduced to the positive aspects of Cuban culture to get a taste for it as well as all the tasty cuisine that comes from it.

Maybe we can encourage a few of the local Cuban restaurants to partake in the even to both promote their establishments as well as provide samples of what they can do?

Sounds like a blast. I'm guessing this is going to be an all day outdoor event? I put down in your quote "Jordan Lake 'in' Apex, NC". That is correct, right? Shall we also start posting some ideas for activities here too?

Old 06-01-2008, 12:17 PM

Cali...All are indeed welcome...while we assimilate quite well into our communities, some of us have expressed a need to find one another...No worries, we don't want to recreate Miami or NJ, we just want a day of fun and food...

Love to turn people on to good Cuban food and yes, we are looking into the Cuban restaurants in the area.

Please join us...

Old 06-01-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Cali...All are indeed welcome...while we assimilate quite well into our communities, some of us have expressed a need to find one another...No worries, we don't want to recreate Miami or NJ, we just want a day of fun and food...

Love to turn people on to good Cuban food and yes, we are looking into the Cuban restaurants in the area.

Please join us...
I think restaurants will benefit by getting their names on the radar with those interested in Cuban cuisine. Sounds like fun.

Old 06-01-2008, 04:17 PM

920 posts, read 2,812,577 times
I'll be in town that week and might be able to stop by. I'm not Cuban, but it sounds like fun.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:17 AM

3 posts, read 8,008 times
Default We're In! I'm in much need to hear Spanglish

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Are we doing potluck?

Old 06-02-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsmom View Post
Looking forward to seeing everyone. Are we doing potluck?
I'm assuming this myself (and hoping some restaurants show up too). Of course, I'll need to either refer to someone's list of items to bring or be someone's cooking wingman since I have no clue how to prepare such tasty delights.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:28 PM

Sorry for inconvenience, however, we must change the date of this meet-up.

WHEN: SUNDAY, JULY 20, 2008

WHERE: JORDAN LAKE APEX, NC

Old 06-02-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Sorry for inconvenience, however, we must change the date of this meet-up.

WHEN: SUNDAY, JULY 20, 2008

WHERE: JORDAN LAKE APEX, NC

Okay Mrs. Fickle! LOL j/k

Btw, you may want to hit up AutumnGal and ask that she update the dates on the original post. I dunno if you can do it yourself at this point. But, I'm sure AutumnGal can manage it. Just let here know the new dates and times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary