Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 06:59 PM

4,181 posts, read 4,895,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I think I might actually cry if it ends up being a Walgreens.
That or god forbid, another bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 08:12 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,076,092 times
I used to go to the Starbucks that was there and then moved across the street. I was over there having lunch yesterday and noticed that all the buildings were gone. We all know that most likely we will end up with a generic office building or shopping area.

I would really like to see a coffee shop with really good coffee and pastries but that's asking for too much. There is probably too much competition from Starbucks. If they put a Starbucks there, then we can have one on both sides of the street.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:29 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,184,363 times
Trader Joe's? Whole Foods? Biscuitville? I get the sense some of you aren't truly familiar with the area in question. Those suggestions make about as much sense as the Walgreen's - there is one of each of those a handful of miles away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Those buildings have sat mostly empty for some time, so it's good to see some new development happening there.
Right before they tore everything down, I thought about how empty everything had gotten over there. I feel like the configuration of everything made the businesses kind of isolated and not visible from the street. That's why Starbucks said they left - it wasn't visible from the street, and a lot of people didn't know they were back there. I think the new location SUCKS, as it is cramped and the size of a postage stamp, and the drive through clogs up the parking lot. On cold days, the place is packed to the point you can barely get in the door. The old one was roomy and comfy. I know some folks who go to the North Hills location when they want to sit and chat.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:08 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,310,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_Guest View Post
Trader Joe's? Whole Foods? Biscuitville? I get the sense some of you aren't truly familiar with the area in question. Those suggestions make about as much sense as the Walgreen's - there is one of each of those a handful of miles.
I posted this thread back in 2008. Way before Trader Joes and Whole Foods opened up locations in N. Raleigh.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:27 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,184,363 times
Oh, well that makes sense!

Old 03-14-2013, 12:25 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,109,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I think I might actually cry if it ends up being a Walgreens.
I'll be right there crying with you.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:10 AM

9,150 posts, read 14,791,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
I would love to see a locavore restaurant with a wide variety of cuisines.

We are dreaming, right??
Well, isn't that pretty much what Lucky 32 is? Maybe not a huge range of cuisines per se, but certainly lots of local food.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:53 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,164,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Well, isn't that pretty much what Lucky 32 is? Maybe not a huge range of cuisines per se, but certainly lots of local food.
Yep that location was doing it long before it became a big fad.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:01 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,171,604 times
That corridor along Falls of Neuse has had it struggles to support businesses, especially restaurants. I lived in that area for 6 years, and watched things come and go. It's a shame that area can't prosper. But there is so much turnover, it makes me wonder if there just isn't enough money and support to carry more than a few places. With the amount of money a place like PDQ invested, you'd think they'll be there a while, but history suggests otherwise. I think McDonalds and Winston's are the only places to survive more than a few years. I still remember when there was a Fat Daddy's over there, where the liquor store now stands!

Old 03-14-2013, 08:08 AM

528 posts, read 936,847 times
I worked at Lucky 32 during my college days. For the first several years after Lucky's opened, business boomed. There were plenty of "regulars" from nearby so it seemed a good location for a restaurant, even with Winston's (which at the time was comparable) close by. I hate to see the old building torn down (memories) but it's been closed forever so it's time to make way for something new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary