Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 09:18 AM

34 posts, read 84,785 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Which subdivision near RTP has the best amenity center (pool, clubhouse, workout facility)?

Thanks!
Julie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 09:44 AM

62 posts, read 204,207 times
I'd have to say Amberly has some of the best resident amenities I've seen. Haven't actually been inside, but drove by and looked at the pool and seen pics on their website. They have a crazy nice pool and a full indoor basketball gym plus workout area.

Amberly

Brier Creek Country Club, where I live, has a nice pool area with an olympic sized pool and 2 smaller kiddie pools. They also have nice hard surface as well as clay tennis courts, gym (no indoor basketball, tho), and of course golfing/driving range.

North Carolina Country Club, Amenities – Brier Creek Country Club

I'm sure there are others out there that others can chime in on. Hope this helps.

Wei Yan Chan

Old 05-28-2009, 09:56 AM

Thanks, I forgot about searching in Brier Creek--terrific center with tennis and golf!! How are the schools in your area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiyan8 View Post
I'd have to say Amberly has some of the best resident amenities I've seen. Haven't actually been inside, but drove by and looked at the pool and seen pics on their website. They have a crazy nice pool and a full indoor basketball gym plus workout area.

Amberly

Brier Creek Country Club, where I live, has a nice pool area with an olympic sized pool and 2 smaller kiddie pools. They also have nice hard surface as well as clay tennis courts, gym (no indoor basketball, tho), and of course golfing/driving range.

North Carolina Country Club, Amenities – Brier Creek Country Club

I'm sure there are others out there that others can chime in on. Hope this helps.

Wei Yan Chan

Old 05-28-2009, 09:58 AM

Default Toll brothers

Are there homes in Brier Creek not built by Toll Brothers?

Old 07-19-2009, 10:26 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,543,464 times
As an Amberly resident I am partial to our amenities center. The indoor basketball court/gymnasium is great and used for much more than just basketball (pickle ball, volleyball, yoga, dodge ball, etc.).

A couple of issues that one should be aware of - center is currently open from 10AM-9PM, so no early morning workouts and for me, no evening workouts because I can never get the kids to bed early enough to get to the gym. I can't believe they didnt build tennis courts in the community. Del Web has some very nice courts, but those are only accessible by Del Web residents. There is this giant outdoor volleyball court (or litter box depending on how you look at it), that is never used.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:39 AM

62 posts, read 204,207 times
The schools are pretty good in this area. We have Brier Creek Elem, East Cary Middle, and Panther Creek High.

I believe all the houses were built by Toll Brothers aside from maybe one or two of the larger ones off of Arnold Palmer. I think those were custom builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30flygirl View Post
Thanks, I forgot about searching in Brier Creek--terrific center with tennis and golf!! How are the schools in your area?

Old 07-20-2009, 07:55 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,942,559 times
Well if "best" is the only criteria, I guess I'd nominate

Prestonwood Country Club: Step into a World Apart

Comes at a steep price though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary