Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2008, 11:38 AM

4 posts, read 15,317 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about buying a home in Knightdale, NC but I am having mixed feelings about it. At one time I heard there were a lot of gangs there. The house seem to be pretty nice for the amount of square footage. I would love to hear from people who live in Knightdale or have a lot of info on the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 12:27 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,959,781 times
Default Knightdale

I purchased a home in Knightdale and the neighborhood/community is very nice. A bit rural for my liking, but have not experienced any problems and feel I won't. I go to the stores at night, play tennis at the local park at night, go about my business and have never felt unsafe or witnessed any suspicious activity, etc. I feel it’s a very safe community.

I have no doubt that there is gang presence in Knightdale, just as in Raleigh, Cary, Chapel Hill, Durham and so on…it’s all over, Nationwide, not just NC. Do I drive and see gangs walking and vandalizing in any of these areas? NO! I feel you will have no problems choosing Knightdale. I did research, visited the neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods before my purchase, the town is very quiet. I have read where the town has a curfew in place to curtail any problems, which in my opinion is taking a pro-active stance.

Just in the time I have been in Knightdale, the town has grown tremendously. More and more home sites are selling out; businesses are popping up, shopping centers, etc. Knightdale will continue to grow for the better and I believe force out any undesirable elements and make the community all the more stronger.

I do not have children, so don’t know too much about the schools. I don’t think there are bad schools anywhere in Wake, but again, I don’t know for sure. I am sure others will chime in.

I would search this forum as well as google and read up. You will find information no different than any other communities experiences.

Good Luck on your decision. If the town meets your financial needs, such as home prices/taxes and you work close to the area, I feel you can’t go wrong with Knightdale.

Feel free to private message me if you have any questions.

Thanks 

Here are a few links, but do a search.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...nightdale.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...nightdale.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...htdale-nc.html

Old 07-14-2008, 02:10 PM

741 posts, read 3,517,394 times
I don't know if this is true or not, but, I heard from 3 different sources that about 10 minutes from Knightdale they will be building the largest mall on the east coast. I have been to Knightdale and they are building alot of new shopping centers. If the mall thing is true ,and I heard also that they will be building very expensive homes in Knightdale then I think the area will start to go up in value. Of course this is just my opinion. I like Knightdale, I'm a fan.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:43 PM

312 posts, read 1,908,046 times
I would LOVE to live in Knightdale if I didn't have children. School is what made me changed my mind about living there, so we decided to lives in Clayton. Knightdale has everything that Clayton don't have (stores, restuarants, activities, etc). Be sure to check the school's rating online. As for gang related activities, I don't see any unless you go to the housing authority area (all cities has one).

Old 08-12-2008, 02:36 PM

419 posts, read 1,401,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeprincess View Post
I would LOVE to live in Knightdale if I didn't have children. School is what made me changed my mind about living there, so we decided to lives in Clayton. Knightdale has everything that Clayton don't have (stores, restuarants, activities, etc). Be sure to check the school's rating online. As for gang related activities, I don't see any unless you go to the housing authority area (all cities has one).
You hit the nail on the head cakeprincess. Eastern Wake Schools need improvement. Things will change but not for a few years.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:37 PM

419 posts, read 1,401,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC little foot View Post
I don't know if this is true or not, but, I heard from 3 different sources that about 10 minutes from Knightdale they will be building the largest mall on the east coast. I have been to Knightdale and they are building alot of new shopping centers. If the mall thing is true ,and I heard also that they will be building very expensive homes in Knightdale then I think the area will start to go up in value. Of course this is just my opinion. I like Knightdale, I'm a fan.
Nothing could be further from the truth. If you don't believe me, speak with someone in the Planning department.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:52 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,706,333 times
I also heard about this great new neighborhood in Wendell which is just past Knightdale. Edgemont Landing from DR Horton, great builder and fantastic prices from what I hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary