Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,009 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My husband will be getting transfered by his job. We are looking into a modula home with some land. Is there any area that would give us a home like this in a small town within 45mins of Raleigh? We need good schools because we have kids. We live in South NJ and the cost of living is unreal.

My next question is what is the personal tax on autos?

I work as a medical office manager what kind of salary do they get in this area? Or what is the salary range in NC from NJ?

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 12:32 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,343,809 times
Welcome! 45 minutes from Raleigh is a large area so I am confident you can find a modular home site with land within that radius. From very very rural areas to small town places.

If you need good NJ style schools you will be hard pressed to find them here. There are many school options here from public to private to home schooled. Choice is yours and depends where you want to settle. You will want to research the schools first and based on that pick the area you want to settle. Within a 45 minutes radius of Raleigh you will find some adequate public school and some very good private schools.

Personal Property Tax is just that, NC taxes OUR personal property. But if your paying NJ taxes this will be a piece of cake. You can go to the NC Depot of Motor Vehicles site for details on auto's personal property taxes. You pay it once a year via on-line to in person and its based on your cars value. Pretty simple actually.

Salary is very dependent on the type of work, qualifications, experience, public or private employee. To hard to compare NJ salary versus NC for the same jobs due to what I mentioned above.

Good luck with your move and if you do you homework it should be a positive move for you and your family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary