Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 09:19 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,437,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Wake Forest seems to be changing to a busier place every day.
The downtown/historic area hasn't changed too much in a long, long time. I would love to live in the historic district - its lovely !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 11:41 PM

305 posts, read 713,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
Please check out the Forest in the Northern Wake County, called Wake Forest!
Tree-mendous growth the past few years
...and tree-mendous crime coming along with it.
Wake Forest is well on its way to becoming not such a very nice place.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:47 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,564,137 times
Wendell and Hillsborough

Old 09-27-2008, 03:08 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,437,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Taylor View Post
...and tree-mendous crime coming along with it.
Wake Forest is well on its way to becoming not such a very nice place.
Can you elaborate?
I do read the "crime reports" each and every week in the Wake Weekly - and while the crime section has increased quite a bit over the last 8 years - alot of it has to do with illegals not having registrations, speeding, etc.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:37 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,130,150 times
I love downtown Wake Forest!

Old 09-27-2008, 06:23 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return of the Jedi View Post
Apex - It is moving away from small town toward medium to big town. Sort of nice downtown, but buildings need some work pretty bad. Nice little shops to visit.

Cary - Big small town. Nice little downtown that will be getting a big face lift. Traffic patterns tough. Hopefully that will be fixed with the huge renovation.

Chapel Hill - Nice walkable downtown. Bad traffic, but once you park, you should be good to go.

Carrboro - Artsy fartsy downtown. Norman Rockwellish. A nice way to spend a day.

Hillsboro - I must be missing something there.
Its Hillsborough not Hillsboro and yes you are missing something.....

To the OP, you should definitely check out Hillsborough if you are looking for small town charm with a vibrant downtown...

Old 09-27-2008, 07:37 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crulaur View Post
Does anyone have any pics of Rolesville? I checked NorthRaleighGuy's site and didn't see any. I am from southwest FL and may be moving up there very soon. I have been reading this forum for a months now and have never heard anyone mention Rolesville. I definately like the small town quaint feel too. I am originally from a VERY small town in KY, so Shelby1234, I totally understand what you are talking about! Thanks!
I have some if you give me an e-maill.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:59 PM

76 posts, read 195,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Its Hillsborough not Hillsboro and yes you are missing something...

Sorry.

I have seen it spelled two different ways. Maybe I was in the wrong one.

Hillsboro, North Carolina (27278) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

Old 09-27-2008, 10:13 PM

6 posts, read 14,067 times
Default Charming Olf Fashioned Downtown

Apex & Fuquay-Varina would be a good choice that is close. However, Pittsboro is a lot of fun and isn't too far of a drive. If you go there, be sure to go to the soda shop and the antique consignment store. Take a friend and you'll have a lot of fun. Let us know where you go. ;-)

[mod] tos violation [/mod]

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-28-2008 at 07:38 AM..

Old 09-27-2008, 10:26 PM

413 posts, read 1,255,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return of the Jedi View Post
Yep. I have to be missing something. I ain't feeling it.
So...what is it that you are looking for Jedi? Just curious...what is it that appeals to you in a small town?

Oh, by the way. Only 2 sites show Hillsborough spelled only as Hillsboro--neither of which are (town or county) official sites. I do think, but would have to research, that that is a very old-timey spelling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary