Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 04:29 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,865,120 times

Advertisements

With all the recent development in West Cary it's about time the USPS opened a Post Office in this area. The nearest Post Offices for Cary Park are in Apex or Morrisville and each are over 8 miles away which is a long way to travel to post an Air Mail letter or a package. Surely somewhere on NC55 around Carpenter Fire Station Road would be the most suited location or better still there are plenty of vacant shop units in the new Cary Park Town Center development. The Cary mayor should put it on his economic stimulas plan as it will create immediate jobs and certainly benefit a lot of people - including me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 04:44 PM
.-.

157 posts, read 371,023 times
Shouldn't have moved in that location if that was important to you.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:59 PM

297 posts, read 740,749 times
The closest is probably the one on TW Alexander:

Driving directions to Cary Glen Blvd, Cary, NC 27519
7.3 mi – about 17 mins

United State Postal Services
65 Tw Alexander Dr
Resrch Trngle Pk, NC 27709

(919) 485-0444

Old 01-09-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-. View Post
Shouldn't have moved in that location if that was important to you.
What an irrelevant comment - I wonder why I dislike smug people so much

and I counted to 100 before posting !!!

Old 01-10-2009, 12:45 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
As a postal person, the answer is:

"No money to build anything any more".

Perhaps a contract PO could be arranged in a local store.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:27 PM

55 posts, read 148,506 times
I agree, USPS had a signature required delivery for me this week. I missed the attempted delivery because I work every day, and in order to get my package I had to drive to the "Cary Annex" post office thats located at RDU...not a very conveiniant drive.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:27 AM

Life's little conveniences, which are double-edged swords IMO, will come to northwest Cary, but it will take longer now that the economy is struggling. That being said, I'm surprised more businesses are not venturing into the Cary Park Town Center, which serves Cary Park and Amberly, both huge, as well as the smaller neighborhoods adjacent. It seems to me any business there would have somewhat of a captive audience just because of the convenience factor. It has to be the right kind of business, though, because there would be little to no traffic flow from elsewhere given the limited access. (And if they don't put up a traffic light at GLtoDurham and Carpenter Fire Station, I may begin to boycott the area anyway!)

Old 01-19-2009, 06:27 PM

[quote=NoneOfThis;6942611]Life's little conveniences, which are double-edged swords IMO, will come to northwest Cary, but it will take longer now that the economy is struggling. That being said, I'm surprised more businesses are not venturing into the Cary Park Town Center, which serves Cary Park and Amberly, both huge, as well as the smaller neighborhoods adjacent. It seems to me any business there would have somewhat of a captive audience just because of the convenience factor. It has to be the right kind of business, though, because there would be little to no traffic flow from elsewhere given the limited access. (And if they don't put up a traffic light at GLtoDurham and Carpenter Fire Station, I may begin to boycott the area anyway!)[/QUOTE]

maybe when they build Capital Bank on that corner they will put traffic lights at the intersection - so we will have 3 banks a pharmacy and a grocery store, which in the current economic situation just seems absurd a Gas station with space assigned as a contract post office would be a goldmine for any budding entrepreneurs instead of another bank

Old 01-19-2009, 06:46 PM

A gas station with postal services? That would be thoughtful development. I like that.

I'm surprised banks are still opening new branches anyway, these days.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:50 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOfThis View Post
A gas station with postal services? That would be thoughtful development. I like that.
It is a good idea. There is a USPS office in the Cruizers Gas station on New Falls of Neuse Road in the Wakefield area. It is a Godsend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary