Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 04:22 PM

945 posts, read 1,971,952 times

Advertisements

I like the fact that Rachel cooks "real" food for hungry people....not fancy crap that barely covers a plate and has to be filled in with parsley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 04:27 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,193,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
I like the fact that Rachel cooks "real" food for hungry people....not fancy crap that barely covers a plate and has to be filled in with parsley.
That, I am fine with. But I hate how she calls everything "delish," constantly says "yum-o," and "EVOO." and don't get me started on her giggle. But I like her refrigerator.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:29 PM

945 posts, read 1,971,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgrl View Post
That, I am fine with. But I hate how she calls everything "delish," constantly says "yum-o," and "EVOO." and don't get me started on her giggle. But I like her refrigerator.

I don't make a point of watching, but my wife has her on while she is in the kitchen. I can only take so much of Rachel's talking, but I do get awfully hungry. Her husband must be one happy guy.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:32 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,695,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
I am very proud and relieved that I would not fit in with you or your group. This post makes me hate Cary even more - the more I hear on here from rabid Cary posters, the less I like. Keep calling Durham people dirtbags...
I feel sorry for people that use what a minority of posters write to decide to hate a place. For the record, I doubt Viewfromthepeak is a rabid Cary poster. Maybe a rabid Ron Paul/Peter Schiff poster, but Cary--not so much.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:40 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,723,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgrl View Post
She really says "yum-o"? Really! Wow. That's right up there with "whatevs", "ridonkulous" and "haterade". What the hell is a "evoo"? I want to avoid her just for that stupid word. Some guys think that she is hot, but whatevs.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:42 PM

280 posts, read 741,188 times
So non-Cary folks bashing Cary is fine but Cary posters are rabid ? I dont see the logic.
Getting back on topic - I find Rachel Ray irritating these days but I did try a few of her recipes and they turned out great.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:54 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,695,847 times
I loved her when she was on $40 a day. That show was pretty cool. I never got into her actual cooking show or her talk show. She does seem a bit irritating.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:55 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,193,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
She really says "yum-o"? Really! Wow. That's right up there with "whatevs", "ridonkulous" and "haterade". What the hell is a "evoo"? I want to avoid her just for that stupid word. Some guys think that she is hot, but whatevs.
I think she trademarked "yum-o." And it's EVOO is extra virgin olive oil.

I will accept that she is better than Sandra Lee.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:18 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,133 times
I'll wait for Giada.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:30 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,342,872 times
Wow, guess I'm a dirtbag

Anyways, Durham can't be that bad. My bf was born and raised in Cary and looking to buy his first house in north Durham/Hillsborough area
Bye Bye Cary!

I don't care for Rachel Ray after about a year of 30 Minute Meals. I do remember her on her other show she was doing an episode on ball park food and was at the Durham Bulls Stadium.

I'd love to see Giada too. Her stuff looks good! Most of Rachel's food looks like it's for truckers or a step above those Hungry Man meals. Just doesn't look appetizing to me. I guess that's why guys love her. And yes she is quite annoying.

Last edited by DanielleNC; 11-19-2008 at 05:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary