Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 02:42 PM

112 posts, read 477,216 times

Advertisements

Drywallguy- I can't wait to check it out! Thanks for posting!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 08:21 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,681,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Scout View Post
I heard, but don't know for sure, that Walnut Creek is not doing their light display this season.
I was wondering about that. Does anyone have any news on this?

Old 12-01-2008, 09:11 PM

1 posts, read 6,828 times
Default Pilot Mountain Christmas

Visit Larry & Rachel Charpiat's Pilot Mountain North Carolina Christmas Extravaganza.

December 2008 will be the 42nd Year for our Christmas Display (4th year in NC). It gets bigger and better every year.

The Display will be lighted starting Thanksgiving night November 27, 2008 to January 1, 2009 every night from 6PM to 10 PM. The display is located 2 miles East of Old Highway 52 on NC Highway 268 East.
We decorate approximately two acres where you can park your car and walk on trails to view the thousands of lights and hundreds of figures through Santa's Enchanted Forest. See Our Animated Windows, Santa's Workshop; Snow Baby's playing in the Snow and Mickey's Playhouse (New this year). See Computer Animated Displays and a Talking Christmas, Tree plus much more. The display is free

For pictures and more information visit our website on the internet at http://pilotmountainchristmas.com

Last edited by charpiat; 12-01-2008 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: Wrong format

Old 12-07-2008, 05:26 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,564,137 times
I went last night. Dress warm and get ready to stand in a LONG line for the train. The line moves pretty quick though. Don't forget to stop in the candy house and stock up. I wanted to try the restaurant in Meadow which I heard was awesome but the line was out the door and around the building. It is quite a trip from North Raleigh though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnerMama View Post
The lights in Meadow are up and running. www.meadowlights.net

Old 12-07-2008, 05:36 PM

767 posts, read 1,848,415 times
I heard about a huge display in Wendell...does anyone know about it?

Old 12-07-2008, 05:52 PM

546 posts, read 2,417,735 times
The meadow lights looks like fun. Is there an admission fee? I did not see anything about a restaurant on their website....

Old 12-07-2008, 09:50 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieF View Post
I went last night. Dress warm and get ready to stand in a LONG line for the train. The line moves pretty quick though. Don't forget to stop in the candy house and stock up. I wanted to try the restaurant in Meadow which I heard was awesome but the line was out the door and around the building. It is quite a trip from North Raleigh though.
Hey Debbie,

I was in that long line at the Meadow Restaurant! We waited for an hour to get in. Food was yummy but the cakes were to die for! They make their own desserts and they had coconut cake (like my mother in law used to make), red velvet cake, carrot cake, banana split cake, chocolate pie, pumpkin pie, german chocolate cake, strawberry cake and a few others!

We then went to see the meadow lights and of course, went into the candy store!

Vicki

Old 12-08-2008, 07:33 AM

19 posts, read 72,238 times
The best display of homeowner Christmas lights is located on Huntingwood Dr. in Raleigh, near the intersection of Penny Road and Holly Springs Road.
The homeowner has been doing it for about 10 years now and it gets more brilliant every year.
It is a wonderful experience for everyone and can really put you in the holiday spirit.
See it for yourself, your jaw will drop at the sight of this spectacle, its more than just lights.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:39 AM

54 posts, read 160,977 times
My wife and I went out last night to the American Tobacco Campus for dinner at Tyler's. The lights on display there are absolutely beautiful. The Plensa sculpture is also very cool to see.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:07 AM

8 posts, read 67,505 times
Penny Rd 1 mile east of Holly Springs Rd - best show in the county. Today is National Day of Giving for the REd Cross and they will be collecting tonight. Enjoy the lights and give generously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary