Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 12:13 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,758,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Speaking of how the kids dress, I finally got my 15 year old to wear shoes instead of Rainbow flip flops! I had to threaten her. She claimed her feet don't get cold and that her school is HOT.

Today I had to pick her up and I saw so many kids walking around in t shirts and shorts (mostly guys) and this was at 3PM so it was COLD.

Teenagers!

Vicki
Oh Vicki, I'm not looking forward to this. Ugh! My 8 year old already pesters me to let him wear Crocs to school. Fortunatly, he's young enough where I can still have a say. But I know the day is coming soon.... it will probably get here first with his younger sister.

Back to the OP, many preschools follow the public school's weather policies. And I was wondering if rural Chatham Co had bus routes on dirt roads. I remember lots of mud holes w/ standing water on our rural bus route (back in the stone age) and they would freeze sometimes in the winter. Which could cause slippery, dangerous conditions. That coupled with kids waiting in the cold. And as Jdatlas, said most of us in NC do not dress appropriately for this sort of weather. I personally have a hard time spending the $150 + on a down coat that my kid might wear 1 week out of the year here in NC and then next winter it's too small. This week we layered a lot, and the kids were fine.

And this weather will be all over by Sunday. And Vicki's daugther will be back to flipflops and shorts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 03:24 PM

40 posts, read 86,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post
What?? This is crazy to me. It's cold out let's delay school? Why?

North Carolina closings and delays :: WRAL.com

Heck, it didn't even seem that cold.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:02 AM

1,395 posts, read 5,085,744 times
I was running around yesterday without a jacket & a shortsleeve shirt. I kept forgetting to put my jacket on. I have a baby to carry, a diaper bag, and whatever else & I'd start grabbing stuff and just forget. It was cold, but not outrageously so. But I didn't have to be outside much. Just from the car to a building, ya know. I noticed the car drop off line at my dd's school was a lot longer than usual. Most likely bus kids gettin' dropped off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary