Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2007, 09:56 PM

39 posts, read 142,598 times

Advertisements

Anyone familar with any in the area? We are looking to move down from NY this spring and my husband is getting his resume together, anyone have insight??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 03:49 AM

401 posts, read 1,624,243 times
What type of work does he do? Field crew(pary chief,I/M, rodman), engineer, cad tech.?
I know a few people in that type of work and can ask them about jobs for you if I know what he's looking for.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:38 PM

39 posts, read 142,598 times
Cary Native,

He has experience as Party Chief, but he has been a transit man for 5 years. He also has CAD experience and is interested in a position as a Survey Techncian. Anything you can find out would be great, thanks! Also, we will most likely be moving to Clayton but he is willing to commute a bit to the right job. What field are you in?

Old 03-14-2007, 08:07 PM

36 posts, read 109,435 times
I am a land surveyor in Wilson and Friday is my last day working here. My family and I are moving to Pennsylvania. The place where I work is owned by two of the best people in the world, one of which lives in Clayton. They may be interested in someone with your qualifications. The drive is less than an hour I think. You can PM me if you are interested and I will give you the contact information. My position is filled however they said recently that they could keep me as well as the new guy to tackle the work.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:57 PM

401 posts, read 1,624,243 times
Catriella,
I think i'm out in right field . Really, sometimes i'm a fireman,and sometimes a landscaper, among other things.
I worked as a surveyor for a couple of years in the early-mid 90's and i am still friends with some of the guys i worked with. I liked the company i worked for (most of the time) and from what i hear things are still pretty good there.
I'll try to find out if they're hiring in the next couple of days and will let you know what i find out.
The company is located in Cary, and so is most of their work. they have grown to be a pretty big outfit so i would guess they are usually looking for good help.(When i left they had 3 crews and the last i knew they were up to about 10 crews)

Old 02-09-2009, 05:53 AM

4,279 posts, read 5,938,202 times
Default NCEES Record???

Quote:
Originally Posted by catriella View Post
Anyone familar with any in the area? We are looking to move down from NY this spring and my husband is getting his resume together, anyone have insight??
Is your husband licensed? If so, I strongly recommend he register his experience record with NCEES (National Council of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors) before leaving NY. Part of the process is recommendations from people he was worked with/for, and this is always more difficult after you leave an area.

I am in the process of generating my NCEES Record so that I can receive licensure as a Professional Enginer in North Carolina. NC allows registration thru comity (reciprocity) directly, but having a NCEES Record will make registratin in additional states (VA is not too distant) much easier.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:14 PM

3 posts, read 5,405 times
Default professional land surveyor

I am a pls in north/south carolina with over 14 years experience in autocad,field and project management. If you know of anyone hiring in
charlotte/cary/raleigh area it would be a great help.
thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary