Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2007, 03:06 PM

3 posts, read 6,605 times

Advertisements

I recently bought a home in Apex...unfortunately the previous owners killed the lawn. Can anyone recommend a good and fairly cheap landscaping company to help design something? What about sod compared to seeding?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 04:06 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,009,154 times
We just had Proscapes come out and they were very helpful. If you are looking for landscape design I would recommend Brookscapes (plans). Another one to try is Southern lawn & Landscaping I see them all the time in our neighborhood so they must be doing something right!

Old 03-14-2007, 04:09 PM

3 posts, read 6,605 times
Thanks for the info....I will look them up.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:09 PM

401 posts, read 1,624,243 times
You should be careful trying to find a "cheap" landscaping company. You know how the old saying goes " You get what you pay for" and that usually holds true with landscaping. If you are going to hire someone, i would suggest getting several estimates. That will help you to know what the price should be and to keep from getting a low,low price or a really high price.
Sod is the way to go if you need/want an instant lawn, but is generally quite a bit more expensive. Seeding works well if you prepare the soil(which needs to be done with sodding too).
What type of grass do you want? It's not the best time of year to start fescue, fall is a much better time to sod or seed it. From about mothers day until the fourth of July is the best time to start warm season grass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary