Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 01:53 PM

532 posts, read 2,845,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
NRG, I see you did get a photo credit on the photo:

"PHOTO BY JOHN, NORTH RALEIGH GUY, STOLEN FROM CITY-DATA FORUM"
That is just TOO funny!! Perhaps the website's creator is a C-D regular
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 06:41 PM

338 posts, read 1,619,954 times
Has anyone heard if they made a decision on location? I will be there every week if it's located in N. Raleigh!

Old 03-13-2009, 06:32 AM

6 posts, read 18,681 times
Default Falls River TC selected of course

Falls River Town Center was selected, According to the North Raleigh Community Farmers Market at Falls River Town Center Website - http://frtcfarmersmarket.weebly.com/index.html.

Dates are to be determined, and there is probably a lot of work (rules, etc..) to be done before this is figured out. I am excited though; Falls River and the neighboring areas are just getting better and better every year. Look at all the projects that are underway here. The city will start construction in a couple months to extend the current Greenway to Falls Dams. I think that trail is going to be amazing, since it parallels the Neuse River and you can watch the people canoeing, etc. Also the County has started to convert the landfill into a Park/Playground/bike trail/viewing area/green space, and then eventually a new HS, with multiple football and baseball fields. Falls River is just a great place to live; I am not just saying that because I live here, well maybe I am.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:38 AM

10 posts, read 10,278 times
Thanks for your effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstleddy View Post
If you are interested in seeing a Farmer's Market at Falls River Town Center, please sign the online petition at North Raleigh Community Farmers Market at Falls River Town Center - Home

Old 04-29-2009, 08:39 AM

338 posts, read 1,619,954 times
Bumping this up to remind everyone that the Falls River Farmers Market starts this Thursday. PLEASE come out and support your local farmers. I spent many a Saturday (and Tuesday - Friday too!) selling my dads produce at farmers markets in Michigan and it's critical that we support this market on a weekly basis if we want to see it succeed!

Old 04-29-2009, 02:30 PM

532 posts, read 2,845,621 times
Default May 2, 2009 is the First Day of the Season (then Sat/Wed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjg39069 View Post
remind everyone that the Falls River Farmers Market starts this Thursday.
Opening day is Saturday, May 2nd (8-12) and then additionally, Wednesdays (4-7). May through October.
North Raleigh Farmer's Market* - Home

Yes, please come out and help make this a success!!!

Old 05-01-2009, 09:56 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Thumbs up Looking forward to it!

^^

I am so there tomorrow. I just got a bike and can actually ride on over. Awesome!

"The North Raleigh Farmer’s Market will hold it’s Grand Opening on Saturday, May 2, 2009 from 8:00am-12:00pm in the Falls River Town Center, situated on Durant Road between Falls of the Neuse and Capital. The Grand Opening will feature a two-story shopping cart provided by North Carolina Department of Agriculture’s “Goodness Grows in North Carolina†Program, in addition to music, fun and food!

The North Raleigh Farmer’s Market will be held Saturdays from 8:00am-12:00pm and Wednesdays 4:00pm-7:00pm from May until the end of October. The market will feature a host of local farmers offering the finest in regionally grown produce, meats and other products."

Old 05-02-2009, 09:53 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Thumbs up Photos of the Farmer's Market

So I rode my bike over to the Farmer's Market this morning to check it out on its first day. It looked like it has gotten off to a great start. There were about 15 vendors there selling everything from veggies to flowers, bread, cake, beef, chicken, farm fresh eggs ect.... There were also a lot of shoppers there which I was glad to see. Here are a few pictures of the first day of the Farmer's Maket in North Raleigh at Falls River.

S&L Farm

Bedford Blooms Florist

Rare Earth Farms

Louise's Old Fashioned Baked Goods

Winterpast Farm

Painted Sunset Horse Farm

Moondance Soaps

Page Farms U-pick Strawberries

Red Hen Enterprises

Old 05-02-2009, 07:10 PM

2,218 posts, read 2,940,666 times
We were running late today and got there about 11:30 (1/2 hour before closing time) and there were still lots of people there! I've never seen that shopping center so full with cars and people before. They must have done pretty good today because most of the booths were sold out! Next time we are going to make sure we get there bright and early!

Old 05-02-2009, 07:23 PM

492 posts, read 1,152,390 times
I'm looking forward to visiting on Wed afternoon. I too got there about 1130 to find people and mostly empty vendors. Great turn out, I'm thrilled to see the FM here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary