Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 09:36 AM

464 posts, read 1,044,058 times

Advertisements

We are looking to start building a home here and really like the community vibe as a whole that we got here.

We are interested in any comments or concerns from current owners about anything you like / dislike as you have settled into your homes.

How are the utilities? We understand that Time Warner is the defacto cable company, but they mentioned that there was a small telco that won the contract for the phone system. Do they offer any DSL or internet packages or is it phone only?

Is there anything you would do differently if you had the opportunity?

Also the schools that were listed as the ones any kids would go to in this development seem to have horrid test scores / year end results. Is that standard for this area or is this something we should be concerned with? The elementary school is Harris Creek, the middle school is East Millbrook, and the high school is Knightdale High if that helps.

Thanks for any advice / comments you can pass our way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 12:02 PM

502 posts, read 1,655,114 times
I live in that area, but not in Highland Creek. We personally like the area. Our S/D is assigned to the same schools. I'd suggest doing a little digging to see exactly how they came up with those statistics, as Harris Creek and Knightdale High are fairly new. My child isn't in school yet, so I can't speak from personal experience, but I found an old thread that might help you with Harris Creek: http://www.city-data.com/forum/raleigh-durham-chapel-hill-cary/28721-harris-creek-elementary.html

Old 03-17-2009, 12:46 PM

464 posts, read 1,044,058 times
Thanks for that. I am still digging around a bit and have a query out to the sales agent I had talked to out there to find out if most residents send their kids to private schools or if they use the schools on that list.

I was hoping there would be some owners on this site to give some advice so we shall see if anyone else responds. Thanks again!

Old 03-17-2009, 01:31 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
Can't speak about the development but I live "across the street" on the other side of Louisburg. Personally I like the area and I think it will see increased growth as time goes on. The only downside is the traffic coming from the 3 lanes of Louisburg to the 1 lane after Mitchell Mill, both in the morning and coming home. Lots of things are very close by, and I believe they are putting in a Harris Teeter soon in the shopping center across the street. I would expect more to be developed as more homes are put in. Triangle Town Center mall is one exit down (or you can take the back road). Personally I like that mall better than Crabtree, JMHO.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:38 AM

502 posts, read 1,655,114 times
Wheelsup, I'm across the street too. I think we might be neighbors .

OP, there are plans to build a new high school near the intersection of Louisburg and Forestville on the Harris Creek side of the road. So that will likely add to the traffic issue that wheelsup mentions. But they're supposed to widen Louisburg from Mitchell Mill to the town of Rolesville at some point. I would expect that to occur before the school is built.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:14 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
What are your thoughts on the impact on home values? Positive or negative?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary