Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 06:53 AM

185 posts, read 473,058 times

Advertisements

I guess you didn't see the conditions these dogs were living in? Watch the video...I can only imagine how the dogs were treated if that is how they had to live. It's a known fact that dogs that live on the end of a chain are more prone to be aggressive. Heck..if I had to live on a chain in the mud in some nasty backyard...I'd be pissed too! It's just a shame that the little boy was attacked, but the owner ultimately is responsible. (there are no bad dogs...just bad owners)

Old 03-28-2009, 07:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
the original poster is looking for a recommindation and not your views of the breed

Quote:
I have a 1 week old Pitt Bull puppy with a cleft lip. I have not been too successful in taking care of her. I got the milk and bottle to feed her, but she does not seem to want it. She cries a lot and sounds like a bird, so we named her Birdie. I work and she makes too much noise for me to bring her to work with me. I am looking for someone that would be willing to take her and give her a good home.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:56 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,213,762 times
My last .02 about this on the thread and pardon the sidetrack:

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
What if this was your son?
I would want the owner put to sleep. A LOT of mental midgets out there buying these dogs who don't give a damn about the dog and only want it to be "tough." (This is esp big as you get into lower class and more inner city areas) Honestly, these people should be put on a ship to somewhere as far away from this country as possible.

Quote:
And if they are animals that are worthy of rescue why are they defined as a "deadly weapon" according to law?
Where did you get this?

They CAN be; they aren't automatically so.

OK that aside.....I will definitely keep in mind if I know of anyone who might be willing to take the dog. Being in an apt, I cannot. It sounds like the animal is doing better-?

Also I'm more than a little disappointed if not outright disgusted that the SCPA said they would just put the dog to sleep. ??

Old 03-28-2009, 04:54 PM

261 posts, read 1,217,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
My last .02 about this on the thread and pardon the sidetrack:

Also I'm more than a little disappointed if not outright disgusted that the SCPA said they would just put the dog to sleep. ??
The Animal Protection Society in Durham (APS) does a good job. I found the staff and vets to be caring, concerned people. I sure as heck couldn't face going to work everyday and dealing with what they see come in through the doors. They simply don't have the money or staff to care for one special needs dog. There are literally thousands of incoming animals every year....a tsunami of homeless cats and dogs. So...its up to the rest of us to pitch in and help the APS, Wake SPCA, and all of the privately run rescue groups whenever we can. This special little dog is one of those times. Unfortunately, I'm currently at the two-dog limit set by my patient husband. Someone had to curb my dog enthusiasm or we would end up with 5 or 6.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:13 PM

467 posts, read 1,774,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post

Shelters know their limits, and often just lack the resources for such specialized care. Cleft-palate puppies need an immense level of care, and the expense to attempt repairs can be prohibitive. My own amazing, CGC certified, Therapy dog-training Pit bull/boxer mix was brought to Wake County Animal Control at 3 weeks old, and they were planning to put her to sleep - a perfectly healthy, just very young, puppy, marked for death because of her age. Were it not for an angel who happened to be volunteering there at the same time and agreed to care for her until adoption age, Zoe too would have been put down.

Don't bait the ignorant about the breed - you can only educate and move on, and hope that some of it sinks in. Devote your energy, instead, to keeping the pup in your thoughts and hoping for an positive outcome for her.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:56 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,213,762 times
You're right; I realize they are "deluged" with animals (thanks to more idiot owners). Still disappointing though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary