Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 07:27 PM

1,495 posts, read 3,721,522 times

Advertisements

I've read throughout the forums that people would like to get together once they are relocated. How about if we have a quarterly gathering (at a restaurant) where people moving in and come together and meet? get support? make friends? we're leaving everyone here in So Cal so we'll really
be on our own when we first relocate

We're hoping to relocate to the Raleigh area at the end of the year so I would be willing to organize once I get here and then keep the forum up to date.
Think it would be a great thing
What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 07:29 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,386,222 times
Default Count me in

Sounds like a great idea.

One of my concerns is I won't know a soul besides my husband and daughters when we go down there. My husband's life won't change too much as he'll have his relocated co-workers to hang out with every day.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:34 PM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times
I think we have the tag team cage match fistfight over Kitts Creek for the headline event.
Betcha front row seats will go for $100.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:17 PM

81 posts, read 301,413 times
Default I'll be there!

I'm in the same boat--don't know a soul except my realtor in Raleigh.

People ask me the same questions when I tell them we're moving to NC:

1. Is it for a job (no)
2. Do you have family there (no)
3. Do you have friends there (no)

Sounds crazy, doesn't it? I know once I'm there it will be okay, but it's nice to think that we could meet up sometime to swap stories, enjoy a cocktail, and feel connected.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:46 PM

959 posts, read 4,493,817 times
That's a fun idea I'd be starting a "please recommend a babysitter" thread though

Old 03-26-2007, 09:35 PM

374 posts, read 1,598,829 times
Count us in. we should be there by early June. Everyone here is so nice (mostly).

LOL Mike...cage fights.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:36 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,060,029 times
This sounds wonderful! Granted, I already live in the Triangle, but I'm still fairly new and ... well, the more friends, the better!

It seems that most of the posters are gravitating towards the Raleigh/Cary area, so maybe we should meet around there. Any idea? My first thought was The Hiberian, but it might be better to find a place where we can actually hear one another talk.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:41 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,669,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
This sounds wonderful! Granted, I already live in the Triangle, but I'm still fairly new and ... well, the more friends, the better!

It seems that most of the posters are gravitating towards the Raleigh/Cary area, so maybe we should meet around there. Any idea? My first thought was The Hiberian, but it might be better to find a place where we can actually hear one another talk.
Downtown - Tir Na Nog

Old 03-27-2007, 02:15 AM

240 posts, read 443,286 times
Very Nice Idea Saluki Lover! Count us in! We don't have a definite move date yet, but we will be visiting Raliegh/Durham the week of April 2nd....First time making the trip. Our family is very interested in moving to the area! Typical scenario, I would suspect= have to sell our home in NJ first!!

Old 03-27-2007, 11:45 AM

607 posts, read 2,431,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I think we have the tag team cage match fistfight over Kitts Creek for the headline event.
Betcha front row seats will go for $100.

Cool idea;
Then for intermission we could have a nice little discussion on "the bible belt and how it will affect me"!!!! Good times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary