Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2007, 07:03 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,848,202 times

Advertisements

There are plenty of DD's and the one on Capital right by 440 has the lattes. The problem for me is there are none in Wake Forest!
but, honestly, after the 1st month I adjusted. I make more coffee at home, I am less stressed, so I need it less, and there is a local coffee shop in WF, the Well, as well as Starbucks by Wakefield Plantation. I find when I go to the WEll I am more likely to hang out there, not grab a huge cup & run run run like I did with DD in NY!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 07:39 PM

1,219 posts, read 4,218,650 times
See, I usually buy my DD coffee in the drive-thru, in a hurry, but I noticed in Raleigh that McD's has a BIG cup of that wonderful sweet tea on the dollar menu! I think I may have to change addictions : )

Old 04-10-2007, 02:04 AM

3,661 posts, read 3,939,394 times
All of you newcomers should become acquainted with K&W Cafeterias. There's one in Cameron Village. Great Fried Chicken, Chicken and Dumplings, Baked and Broiled Fish, Homemade Macaroni and cheese, Fried Okra, and chocolate pie.

Here in NYC, I miss "square nabs" also known as Lance "Toastchee" orange peanut butter crackers available in every convenience store in NC. No other brand of these orange crackers tastes even remotely similar to Lance. I suggest you get some and enjoy with an ice cold coke.

The Lance family lives in Charlotte and gives family packs of these crackers to friends and acquaintences at Christmas, which is cute.

Old 04-10-2007, 03:41 AM

180 posts, read 733,811 times
I guess I should run a contest on here to see who want's to win the prize to get food from the great white north shipped south!!!

Top requests: fluff!, Ding dongs, funny bones, any good italian bakery product, Corned beef, Roast beef sandwiches, dunkin donuts coffee.

Not sure how I would send the perrishables though...

Old 04-10-2007, 07:54 AM

12 posts, read 102,083 times
i am from NY and i miss drakes coffee cakes, i found out i can get them in VA.

anyway cary is a good place for NY/NJ folks they have plenty of shops and food places that cater to ppl from up north.
mama mia's in cary has the best NY stlye pizza and i am still looking for a good italian bakery.

Old 06-10-2007, 05:52 PM

3 posts, read 10,874 times
steak Bomb, Fried clams, Fried haddock, salada tea, Ahh So sauce, hot pastrami sandwich (steamed), Steamers (clams) and of course lobster in all its forms

Old 06-10-2007, 07:51 PM

185 posts, read 992,250 times
Any Pennsylvanian's there?

Living in NY state I miss ring balony (it's very different from baloney and the only ring baloney around tastes very very weird here), and I miss red beat eggs, they pickle them in ny - yuck.

if they have those items in RTP, I'll raise my cholesterol through the roof upon arrival!

what I don't miss after leaving PA? scrapple, pickled pig's feet, pickled anything other than pickle - lol - yeah I'm not a good little pa-dutchman. lol

Old 06-10-2007, 08:03 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
I love Drake Cakes. When I used to visit my grandma in NY, she'd get them for me all the time.

So...here is a little secret...if you google "Drake Cakes", there is a place that will happily mail you whatever you'd like!

Vicki

Old 06-10-2007, 10:07 PM

12 posts, read 11,132 times
I think you can find Fluff in some Harris Teeters...I've seen it somewhere recently, but can't remember where...

Old 06-10-2007, 10:10 PM

12 posts, read 11,132 times
For pretty authentic Mexican food, try Los Cuates or El Angel - personally I like Los Cuates more...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary