Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2009, 07:10 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,278,232 times

Advertisements

I wanted to join after I see the grounds and still like the place. Has anyone on the Triangle C/D forum joined their club? If so, what do you think of it? Supposedly, it's a good place to go for skeet shooting, has a pistol range, and fishing in the price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 09:30 AM

1,040 posts, read 3,601,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I wanted to join after I see the grounds and still like the place. Has anyone on the Triangle C/D forum joined their club? If so, what do you think of it? Supposedly, it's a good place to go for skeet shooting, has a pistol range, and fishing in the price.
Never heard of it. Do you have a link?

Old 05-21-2009, 09:34 AM

91 posts, read 308,435 times
I was a member for a while, had to resign because of alot of work committments got in the way of my free time

Its a good club that is run by the membership. You have to pay an initiation fee as well as annual dues as well as doing a tour of duty each quarter.

You have to go through the general orientation safety class. After that if you choose certain areas of the club that you want to participate in, you have to go through those additional safety classes as well. When you do volunteer/committee time, you earn priveledges for off hour access to the fields/ranges

Old 05-21-2009, 10:08 AM

174 posts, read 407,299 times
I am a member, and have been for 3 years, and I think I am pretty objective since I have belonged to several gun clubs over the years, and in different parts of the country; and overall I would say that for a small facility, it is very good for what it is; BUT you must understand that it is primarily a shotgun range. It also has a good archery range, and the lake is great, but the pistol range is pretty small, and you cannot shoot any rifle there which is bigger than a .22. It takes a lot of work to run such a club, so the volunteer time requirement is not insignificant. In short; you will love it if: 1) you are a big trap and/or skeet shooter; 2) you are an archer; 3) you have a good deal of time to contribute to "the cause". You will not be happy there if: 1) you are a serious pistol shooter and want a big pistol range; 2) you want to shoot any kind of rifle (except .22s on the pistol range??); 3) you do not want to contribute time performing maintenance tasks to support the range.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:00 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,278,232 times
Thanks all! I heard it was a good place to do some fishing too. I have a converted Saiga-12 semi-auto I've been wanting to try out, but many of the local ranges do not permit shotguns (Holly Springs claims they can if no one else is at that the pistol range, but this is rare. I also have a .22 conversion kit for my AR-15 which should be permitted in this facility. I think it would suit my needs pretty nicely, and I think my girlfriend and I would enjoy skeet shooting. Combined with using the HS facility for my "assault rifle" and bolt action items, I should be good to go.

I heard they want about 16 hours/year minimum, which is a piece of cake. By the way, for those interested, the URL is http://www.dcwc.net/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary