Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2009, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,763 times

Advertisements

My husband i are considering building a house, we have narrowed it down to a centex home in the pointe, in clayton or a royal oaks home in southern oaks, in fuquay-varina. We don't know much about either areas. He works in ft. Bragg and i work in raleigh. We want a midway point for commute so these are our two top options. We are also starting a family in the next year and want to be in a good school district. Our child's education and social interaction is very important to us. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 01:36 PM

306 posts, read 884,960 times
Our close friends live in FV and the husband works at Pope AFB, so he does the commute everyday and has no problems. He says it's about 45 minutes for him. Raleigh is very easy from Fuquay - just straight down 401. It will take you 20 minutes in normal traffic. As far as the schools go, I'm sure you know by now from reading this forum that Wake has a county wide school system. As you don't yet have any children, I think it would be more of choosing between which school system is considered "better", as opposed to which actual school. Even if you had a baby tomorrow you'd still be 5 years out from public school and who knows what will have happened by then and which base school you'd be assigned to. I am not familiar with Johnson county school but I'm sure you'll get some good advice on that front. Also, you may want to check out the info on Centex homes because my recollection is they were having some problems?

Good luck.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:51 PM

789 posts, read 1,995,888 times
We live very close the The Pointe in Clayton and love the area and the schools. Convenient to lots of shopping, while still giving you that 'out in the country' feel. Traffic can be annoying at 40/42, but is easily avoided using the bypass. There is a new Walmart opening in August on 42, with a bunch of stores. Our daughter goes to Polenta and is really happy there. And if you stick around until they're older, we're getting a new high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary