Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:04 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,247,871 times

Advertisements

Ok, I got the vibe from here that southern Wake Forest is not "ideal".
Subdivisions include: Shearon Farms, Caddell Woods, Moss Creek, Stonegate, Carriage Run.
Can anyone advise really as to why? Is it schools? Are the neighborhoods further away from conveniences (stores, etc.).
Thanks.

How are: Dansforth and Thornrose, and Margots Pond?

Also, are the areas more conveniently located around stores and such more ideal, like:
Forrest Mill, Heritage, Reynolds Mill, Pemberley, Bennett Park, Crenshaw, etc.

Please give me your opinions of your favorite subdivisions in Wake Forest, and tell me why.

I'm trying to really get a good break down of Wake Forest. I've got a subdivision map and tons of notes all over it. LOL

Last edited by AJ1972; 02-08-2008 at 10:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 06:02 AM

932 posts, read 1,275,515 times
I think Wake Forest is a great town, personally. There are only a few 'bad' areas, and none of which are near where you mentioned. There's plenty of shopping and restaurants- not like in a big city of course, but I rarely have to go to Raleigh for anything...It's a convenient drive into Raleigh, and with 540 getting on 40 to go to the airport is much easier than it used to be.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:19 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,615,721 times
We looked seriously into buying a house in Stonegate. It was a resale and was a former "Parade" home. It was gorgeous! It was about 2800 sq ft, was on a half-acre lot with plenty of mature pine trees in the back yard, and it had a 3-car garage in a split configuration with the single garage airconditioned! Perfect for a workshop! The interior was done in dark wood with granite and oil-rubbed bronze fixtures. There was also a nice screened in porch.

We decided against it for a few reasons, but the major one was that my wife just did not get a good "vibe" from the neighborhood. That was hard for me to understand because I am an engineer (gut feelings are highly illogical ) but I'm sure that you understand. I think that the size of the neighborhood intimidated her. Supposedly there were going to be over 500 homes and townhomes.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are some really nice houses in Stonegate (and adjacent developments) but you'd have to experience it for yourself and make up your own mind about what is right for you.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I think Wake Forest is a great town, personally. There are only a few 'bad' areas, and none of which are near where you mentioned.
Can someone please tell me (or PM me) which areas of WF are "bad"?
Thank you.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:44 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,439,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
Ok, I got the vibe from here that southern Wake Forest is not "ideal".
Subdivisions include: Shearon Farms, Caddell Woods, Moss Creek, Stonegate, Carriage Run.
Can anyone advise really as to why? Is it schools? Are the neighborhoods further away from conveniences (stores, etc.).
Thanks.

How are: Dansforth and Thornrose, and Margots Pond?

Also, are the areas more conveniently located around stores and such more ideal, like:
Forrest Mill, Heritage, Reynolds Mill, Pemberley, Bennett Park, Crenshaw, etc.

Please give me your opinions of your favorite subdivisions in Wake Forest, and tell me why.

I'm trying to really get a good break down of Wake Forest. I've got a subdivision map and tons of notes all over it. LOL

Traffic is getting out of control in Wake Forest. I don't know where you can move and be safe...

Old 02-10-2008, 01:11 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,439,367 times
Also, beware of the school assignments. Nothing is a guarantee of course.. but many of the newer neighborhoods are being zoned to Knightdale High School vs. Wake Forest High or Wakefield HS.

Heritage High in Wake Forest is scheduled to open in 2009, but will likely open as a "swing school" for WF High School while it is renovated.

When Heritage opens for business in 2010 (assuming renovations at WFH are complete), it will open for grades 10 and 11 & add a grade each year until the school is full. WCPSS always does this when they open schools (slowly populate). This allows jr's and sr.'s to stay at the same school where they started.

I have a feeling there will be massive reassignments once Heritage opens, perhaps pulling back some of the students now slated to attend KHS.

Sadly, KHS is fairly new but doesn't have a very good reputation... I think it may get worse before it gets better. Please do your homework before you put your child at KHS.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:07 AM

Ok, thanks. Now I'm re-thinking Wake Forest. Hmmm.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:34 AM

3,954 posts, read 5,097,941 times
Default One mans trash is another mans treasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
Can someone please tell me (or PM me) which areas of WF are "bad"?
Thank you.
Please define "bad".

Allow me to share some conventional wisdom, generally more expensive subdivisions experience less frequent crime.

Are you worried about violent crime? How much house are you looking to buy?

Old 02-10-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Please define "bad".

Allow me to share some conventional wisdom, generally more expensive subdivisions experience less frequent crime.

Are you worried about violent crime? How much house are you looking to buy?
I was quoting one of the other posters to this thread:
Quote:
I think Wake Forest is a great town, personally. There are only a few 'bad' areas,
When I hear "bad", I automatically think "crime". Just for the record.

Last edited by AJ1972; 02-10-2008 at 12:01 PM..

Old 02-10-2008, 04:44 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,348,084 times
I don't see much of a difference between North Wake Forest and Southern Wake Forest, in fact I never really heard of it referred that way. The communities you listed are nice and each has its own amenities. One of the best planned Wake Forest communities IMO is heritage. It has many price points and amenities. The other posters that talked about the schools are correct. However, some friends of ours had their child reassigned to KHS and they are happy with it. their child actually likes KHS better than Waker Forest Rolesville HS.

Good luck with your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary