Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 12:02 PM

6 posts, read 14,467 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to relocate to the Raliegh, Durham area...I'm planning on renting a single family home in a nice subdivision with good schools for my 10 year old. Can anyone give me the nice areas with affordable rent (up to $1200/month)? Any info is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 12:10 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,942,559 times
Wow - that's a pretty broad request. Any other requirements or preferences beyond "nice subdivision," "good schools" and $1200/mo?

Old 07-10-2009, 10:35 AM

6 posts, read 14,467 times
Well basically looking for any good area since I have no idea where to begin.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:51 AM

563 posts, read 956,387 times
Do you have a job lined up? If so, where will you be working?

Old 07-10-2009, 12:29 PM

28 posts, read 71,428 times
Default Nice Subdivisions Everywhere!

The pricepoint that you mentioned is reasonable for 3bdrm homes around the Raleigh area. There are great subdivisions all over the Raleigh, Wake Forest, Cary areas where kids thrive in the community environment. I just did a very generic search for 3 bedroom rentals priced at $1000-1300 and came up with about 300 choices! So you will have to narrow your search quite a bit:

Some of the questions I ask my relocation clients to aid them in streamlining their search is:
Do you want a pool community?
Do you want to walk to shopping?
Do you want a large yard/small yard?
Do you mind doing yard work?
Do you want a bonus room in addition to the 3 bedrooms?
Do you want a garage?
How close do you want to be to your work?
Do you have pet(s) to clear with the landlord?
Do you have a lot of visitors to where parking would be an issue?
Is the age of the home a factor?
Do you or family members have allergies to gas? (gas ranges and heat)
Do you mind well water or do you prefer city/county water?
Do you want to be in a specific school district? (although that is [i]always[i]subject to change.)

I hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary