Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:13 AM

3 posts, read 4,767 times

Advertisements

Is there any discount,free,coupons that are availbae to me ..........I am unisured and would like to take to any advantages that are availabel. I appreciate any suggestions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 08:42 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,932,158 times
You might check here:

RxAssist - Patient Assistance Programs

Old 09-03-2009, 09:41 AM

8,168 posts, read 8,520,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobduke View Post
Is there any discount,free,coupons that are availbae to me ..........I am unisured and would like to take to any advantages that are availabel. I appreciate any suggestions
WalMart advertises $4.00 prescriptions.
http://www.walmart.com/4prescriptions

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 09-05-2009 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: The Spell-check comment isn't necessary -- thanks.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:49 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,100,833 times
Walmart scripts for generics are $4.00.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:22 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,158,405 times
Some generics are $4 at both walmart and Target.

Bring the list to your MD to see if they can give you stuff on the list.

Three month supply only $10.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:19 AM

1,277 posts, read 3,547,262 times
Walmart, food lion, walgreens, rite-aid, kerr drug are all advertising they do cheaper prescriptions on certain lists of drugs. The best thing to do is get the list from the store and take it with you to the appt. If you have the prescription already, you can call the office and see if they can switch you to something on the list. You can also ask the cost before you get it filled and 'shop' your Rx around.

Also, if you are working but uninsured, have you considered going to Urban Ministries Health Clinic in Raleigh? They provide free medical care and prescriptions at low or no cost. They seem to provide a high level of care and you can get into a routine to try to see the same provider even though it is staffed on a volunteer basis. eg: the same provider will usually volunteer on the 2nd thursday on a month - so if you have a chronic condition and need to be seen regularly, you can get really great care.

www.urbanmin.org

good luck.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:42 PM

66 posts, read 208,624 times
I just learned about Medvantix, or In Sequence RX out of North Dakota I believe. My doctor told me about them. Got three months of medicine, not under our insurance, for $32. The usual price would be $35, but that was a first time discount. The normal price would be $35. And I had one of the upper level medicines that costs a bit more.

Their number is 888 825 8474. I hope they might help you save. Maybe . .

Be sure to mention RDD-J10 to get $5 extra off your first time (they only gave me $3).

Old 09-05-2009, 07:26 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,091,761 times
You can order drugs from Canada often at much lower cost than here. The U.S. no longer seizes shipments. (I believe V.A. hospitals order their drugs from Canada, so it didn't make much sense to prevent citizens from doing so. I don't know what the laws are. If they are still on the books, they aren't enforcing them.)

This is the largest online Canadian drugstore:

Canadian Pharmacy Online - Canada Pharmacy Offers Discount Prescription Drugs Canada Drugstore - CanadaDrugs.com

You do need to mail in your prescription (by mail), and then it takes 21 days to ship once you've ordered the drugs. You can also Google "coupon code Canadadrugs.com" and get a coupon code; right now, you can get 10 percent off your order. The shipping fees are free or low, depending upon the amount of your order. Many other online Canadian pharmacies have much higher shipping costs.

Last edited by lovebrentwood; 09-05-2009 at 08:01 AM..

Old 09-09-2009, 05:40 PM

56 posts, read 149,340 times
Should I assume you live in Wake County? If so, check out this link:

Wake Health Services

The hidden gem in NC are it's community health centers. I volunteer for one in Orange County. These centers provide medical, dental, pharmacy, etc.. services to those with little or no money, people on medicare, medicaid, etc... For instance, the one I volunteer for charges $10.00 for all Rx's (generic and name). The link above is for the center in Wake County. It may be of help to you. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobduke View Post

Old 09-22-2009, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,823 times
coupons.com has a 25% pharmaceutical coupon for most medications. I just used it and it worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary