Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 03:47 AM

185 posts, read 991,933 times

Advertisements

I would expect that there'd be quite teh need for storage facilities. Home owner associations typically frown on trailers and boats in driveways. Some even frown on having any vehicle parked in a driveway over night (oh brother).

time to make the donuts. I thought dunkin donuts was fresh baked every day lol

strip malls - i always feel uncomfortable saying, oh it's in that strip mall. in Pa we commonly use that term. but not all areas of the country do. my husband never heard the term before I started using it and the image that came to his mind when he hard the term would probably make Nacht very happy! lol

strip clubs - if you want that sort of thing they're always around to find. but do we seriously need more of them? it's not family friendly and if you want a variety of them you can drive to other towns for it. There's oodles of them at the Jersey shore. I wont go into family morals and all that, but needless to say that driving past advertisements for strip clubs on a daily basis isn't what I look for in a community where I want to raise my family.

but looking for a business. you should do something that you have experience with and enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 04:06 AM

823 posts, read 3,921,565 times
I am aware of quite a demand for quality child care and that can range from infant care to specialized after school and summer programs.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:06 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice_61 View Post
I am aware of quite a demand for quality child care and that can range from infant care to specialized after school and summer programs.
What are the requirements to care for a couple of children in one's home?

Old 06-07-2007, 02:43 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygal View Post
Hey folks...
I wanted to start a business in the RTP.... But I wanted to get some feedback about what kind of businesses are certainly needed. I am a person with many gifts... so shoot anything!
I did not feel like reading all of the posts so if I repeat I apologize. Open a TCBY to compete with all of the ice cream places selling fatty stuff.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:44 PM

260 posts, read 1,190,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygal View Post
Hey folks...
I wanted to start a business in the RTP.... But I wanted to get some feedback about what kind of businesses are certainly needed. I am a person with many gifts... so shoot anything!
How about something un-chain like! We would love have a place to go out and have breakfast! We just moved to Fuquay and the only things they have are chain restauruants. Blah... would be nice to have something unique,, even if it was a muffin, bagels and limited menu.

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing

Old 06-07-2007, 03:00 PM
P51

61 posts, read 306,490 times
Dog daycare. Not enough of those around. No, not kidding.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:17 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times
i know you will all tell me that we have farmers markets here, but what about an indoor farmer's market that is open every day--and not have to drive all the way to raleigh for, and sells things that are not only in season here, and that sells other things, like cold cuts, flowers, specialty (imported) items, milk, chicken, etc.? i miss that sooo much here--that is the only thing i miss!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary