Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 06:53 AM

21 posts, read 58,304 times

Advertisements

Our home is being listed today...figured we would put it on and if it sells great...if not its back on in the Spring. I have never sold a home in NC and was wondering what the typical sellers portion of closing costs are?. Also, for those who have sold a home did you kick in any of the buyers closing?..and if so approx. how much?. THANKS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 07:00 AM

475 posts, read 1,575,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2NC96 View Post
Our home is being listed today...figured we would put it on and if it sells great...if not its back on in the Spring. I have never sold a home in NC and was wondering what the typical sellers portion of closing costs are?. Also, for those who have sold a home did you kick in any of the buyers closing?..and if so approx. how much?. THANKS!!
If you have a realtor, he or she should be able to give you a cost estimate of your closing costs. For the seller, it is not as much - I think we paid for the taxes upto the day of closing and that was about it. We did offer 3K towards closing costs for the buyer, felt that incentive added to the attraction of the house since we were competing with new home builders offering to cover closing costs and upgrades. Our house was under contract within 6 weeks of it being on the market ( we closed early Aug). Initially we did not offer anything, but all the offers we were receiving had the buyer asking for a portion of the closing costs to be paid, so we decided to add it in the listing.

Hope this helps, best of luck,

D

Old 10-09-2009, 08:00 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,443,172 times
As a buyer I got $4000 in closing costs from the seller on a $175k house, I bought a little over a year ago. I wouldn't have bought a house without closing cost payments due to the nature of the market.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:06 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,032,472 times
Sellers in general pay:

excise tax (2 dollars per 1000 dollars of the contract sales price)
Deed prep from the attorney
prorated share of the property tax
any real estate commissions
any monies agreed on for the buyer (some people agree to pay for closing costs, or repair costs, etc)

generally that is it, but your agent can run all of the numbers for you once there is an offer on the house.

Leigh

Old 10-09-2009, 01:11 PM

56 posts, read 149,353 times
I think others answered your question, just wanted to add a reminder that a realtors commission is a negotiable item! Not all realtors may agree to it, but you can negotiate the realtors commission - or at least talk about it, especially in this market and how marketable your house is. Too many people are afraid to say anything, but you can sometimes knock it down a percentage point or around that. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2NC96 View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary