Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2007, 07:36 AM

52 posts, read 226,413 times

Advertisements

I am in such a pickle!! We sold our house in Florida and have to move at the end of May. Here's the pickle part, at that time I will be starting my 8th month of pregnancy. I decided to move before not after on the advice of my doctor. I really didn't want to move an infant besides I need to nest. Although this situation is so far from ideal, it's been a very healthy pregnancy and I am trying to roll with the punches. We found a house although not exactly what we wanted in Willow Crest. This house is in the upper price range in the neighborhood but in the low end of what we can afford. The development has large lots and ours will be wooded. They will also be building a connecting development which will be more expensive along with building a indoor/outdoor pool. What it does have is a run down trailer park adjacent to the development which is really causing me concern. The developer is in negotiations to buy it but there is no guarantee! My realtor has shown me about, no lie, 100 houses and I think he is going to smack me soon. It's either this or bring home a baby to an apartment. Any insight or Advice? Desperate need for brutal honesty!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 07:49 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,035,513 times
I like this area, rolesville is definitely the up and coming place. It is close to wake forest, but is also growing enough that you will not have to go to wake forest for everything. I think the neighborhood his nice, you definitely get large lots with trees.

I think it is a good choice.

Leigh

Old 05-08-2007, 11:49 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,848,568 times
It is common to see trailer parks (nice & not so nice) as well as run down homes near the new developments.

There is a run down car lot - I mean, more of a junkyard, really... and a run down trailer park near me, and right next to Heritage. I think they will be bought out. There is a nice trailer park behind us on Rte 98 and it is for sale.

That being said, if you are not happy with that house why not get an apartment? Seems to me it will be hard to sell your home in the near future with all the new construction you will compete with in Rolesville.

PM if you would like!

Old 05-08-2007, 01:12 PM

52 posts, read 226,413 times
I had thought about an apartment. I am glad you brought up the point of selling later. I hadn't thought about it from that angle. Thanks..

Old 08-15-2008, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,847 times
Lisa,
I'm not sure you're still monitoring this posting. If you are, I hope all is well and that your move and delivery went well.

I am also moving into that neighborhood. I was wondering if you chose to move there, or moved somewhere else?

I've heard from the neighbors that live right up against the trailer park that it is NO problem and that the Rolesville police keep a close watch on the area to keep any trouble from happening. The whole city is motivated to keep the Granite/Willow crest neighborhood as nice as possible. That means, among other things also, they will be making sure that the folks in the trailer park remain good neighbors - or the whole place (T.P.) will have to go.

contact me @ kakschneider@yahoo.com

It would ne nice to meet another neighbor.
We moved her from Louisiana last July, but I have family in the area also. Would be glad to help you find your way around if you need it.

Karen

Old 08-15-2008, 02:47 PM

36 posts, read 82,225 times
I love the neighborhood and we came close to buying there, but until they remove the trailer park, beware. Someone who really is in "the know" told us they've had rapes, domestic abuse, and problems with alcohol. Sorry to say that. Once that area is cleaned up, I'd give it a hearty thumbs up. For anyone living there now, I'd just keep an eye open. Get a neighborhood watch going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary