Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 09:27 AM

91 posts, read 180,942 times

Advertisements

Anyone use Kids R Kids in Cary? Experiences, thoughts and relative costs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 02:35 PM

111 posts, read 326,176 times
I would like to know this too, but for the one in Morrisville. Anyone?

Old 05-23-2010, 04:28 PM

475 posts, read 1,575,536 times
My boys went to the one in Morrisville, off of McCrimmon Parkway. A good experience. It was brand new when they started going, and went there for two years. Both went full time, then the older one did the school drop off/pick up while the younger one was there full time. Prices are comparative to the area, I think I was giving them about 1500 a month. Clean, boys enjoyed the food, everyone was cheerful - we really liked it. The owners are every involved, I think that makes a big difference.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:54 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,281 times
My wife and I didn't exactly have the best experiece with the KRK in Morrisville. We had our daughter registered months in advance. We paid our deposit. Everything was good to go.

The day before our daughter was supposed to start my wife called to check and see how we would pay for day care (weekly or monthly) and also to check and make sure the rates hadn't changed. Low and behold they had increased rates by $20/week and failed to inform us. Needless to say we were less than thrilled and we decided to find another daycare asap.

I agree that the center is beautiful. Very hi-tech and great child/teacher ratios, but you do pay for it. There are other facilities that offer similar services for less money.

Here is a great link to see all the information on any daycare in the state: NC Div of Child Development- Searching Resources in Child Care

Old 05-24-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by des1rees View Post
My boys went to the one in Morrisville, off of McCrimmon Parkway. A good experience. It was brand new when they started going, and went there for two years. Both went full time, then the older one did the school drop off/pick up while the younger one was there full time. Prices are comparative to the area, I think I was giving them about 1500 a month. Clean, boys enjoyed the food, everyone was cheerful - we really liked it. The owners are every involved, I think that makes a big difference.
Thank you. 1500 for BOTH or for just one? If it is for two I'd say that's cheap for the amount of services they offer.

Last edited by lllowe; 05-24-2010 at 07:29 AM..

Old 05-24-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJoe4181 View Post
I agree that the center is beautiful. Very hi-tech and great child/teacher ratios, but you do pay for it. There are other facilities that offer similar services for less money.
Did you visit the other ones that have similar services? Do you remember which ones they were?

Old 05-24-2010, 10:17 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllowe View Post
Did you visit the other ones that have similar services? Do you remember which ones they were?
We had our daughter in "The Learning Experience" on David Dr. for several months but took her out after a few ratio problems with the centers director and owner.

We now have her in "Little Pros Academy" near 54 and Aviation and she absolutely loves it there.

Both places have good teacher/student ratios and I believe both centers were 4 star facilities (which offer basically the same as 5 star but cost less).

Old 05-24-2010, 11:57 AM

41 posts, read 223,588 times
Someone just sent me this website. It is sooo helpful! Once you create a profile and do a search, if you click "more info" it will show you rates!
http://www.childcareservices.org/

Last edited by wufpak27; 05-24-2010 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: removed html codes

Old 05-24-2010, 01:21 PM

475 posts, read 1,575,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllowe View Post
Thank you. 1500 for BOTH or for just one? If it is for two I'd say that's cheap for the amount of services they offer.
It was for both of them. But then, keep in mind, this was from a couple of years ago, so the rates might have gone up.

Another thing I liked ( I think other day care centers might offer it too) was the ability to see them on cameras through a secure website...I would log in several times to check on them and see what they were doing.

Both the boys loved it there. They still talk wistfully about it, and wish they could go back. Not me though. I am just glad we are not shelling out those big bucks anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary