Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 05:34 AM

446 posts, read 1,393,976 times

Advertisements

Don't kill the lizards please....they're harmless and eat bugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,613 times
Dear Cary Princess,
It sounds like your blog has been awhile ago. So I am curious to know if you got rid of your problem. My husband and I just moved to TX from ND, and I too noticed in the middle of the night that a junior lizard was crawling up my office wall. Now he is loose in the house somewhere and I too am wondering what to do. It sounds like some kind of sticky tape might catch him or her. If you have gotten rid of them, would you please write me? My address is p.ladymail@gmail.com. I'm not in agreement with the nature lover nor the guy who told you to get a couple of snakes to eat them. I will get rid of them any way I can.

Thanks,
Pamhlady

Old 07-18-2010, 06:17 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,445,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Get a couple of big snakes and let them loose in your house. They should eat up the lizards. Once that's done, you'll need to get rid of the snakes . . . I have no idea how to do that.
A mongoose?

Old 07-19-2010, 03:54 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
I have never seen a lizard in the house....ever. They eat a lot insects. Why in the world would anybody want to get rid of them

Old 03-14-2012, 06:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,307 times
I have sprayed small lizards with cockroach spray which kills them eventually but, just slows them down, they have gone for me three times one climbed on my foot before I shook it off, I don't know if they would bite given the chance

Old 03-15-2012, 07:47 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,127,290 times
They will not bite. We have many that run around our deck and yard . If you have a garden or flower bed they are awesome since they eat so many bugs. When you do catch them, don't be surprised if their tail falls off! They are interesting little creatures. Just catch them and release into your gardens or flower beds.

Carolina anole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-15-2012, 08:11 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,653,302 times
I know it's an old thread but since it was bumped up...

We lived in S. FL and had them in the house all the time. They don't hurt anything and eat the spiders and other bugs. They don't bite...they never bothered me.

took some getting used to, but in the end they were kind of cool little things.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:23 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
Where I used to live it was considered good luck to have a lizard in your house! I'd take lizards over the mouse that has seemed to take up residence in our house recently.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:29 AM

247 posts, read 452,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud View Post
They will not bite. We have many that run around our deck and yard . If you have a garden or flower bed they are awesome since they eat so many bugs. When you do catch them, don't be surprised if their tail falls off! They are interesting little creatures. Just catch them and release into your gardens or flower beds.

Carolina anole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The first time I saw a lizard, I was around 8 and we had moved to Arizona from Massachusetts, my sister told me to pick it up by its tail. That was the day I learned to not fully trust everything she said!

Old 03-15-2012, 08:33 AM

892 posts, read 3,160,306 times
Get a pet = free entertainment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary