Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2009, 11:47 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,654,067 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about it?

I think it's in the Trafalgar section.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 12:09 PM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
Eeep! Hope it's not my house! Now I'm gonna be worried until I go home from work...

edit: Called Town of Cary fire dept non-emergency number and was told they don't have anything going on in that area. False alarm maybe?

Last edited by adlnc07; 12-17-2009 at 12:19 PM..

Old 12-17-2009, 02:45 PM

I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you. I believe the fire happened two nights ago. There were a ton of sirens that were going off.

On Wednesday I could see the burned out house from W. Chatham St. I think it was on Maumee Ct.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you. I believe the fire happened two nights ago. There were a ton of sirens that were going off.

On Wednesday I could see the burned out house from W. Chatham St. I think it was on Maumee Ct.
Oh, I think I heard some sirens that night as well. I'm not known for being overly observant - I'll have to drive down that street tomorrow morning (hate getting home after dark!) and take a look! I live off Trafalgar myself, in the Swallow Hill section.

edit: Nothing will beat the excitement of having a house a few doors up explode though!

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1058280/

(where I used to live in Apex)

Old 12-17-2009, 04:14 PM

I remember when that house blew up!

I was wondering if the owners of the burned house in Oxxford Hunt needed any children's clothing or household items. I was getting ready to donate some to Goodwill. But if I can help a family directly I'd rather do that.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:55 PM

I drove by this evening - it's 208 Maumee that burned. It looks pretty well gutted. The owner's address is a PO box in Cary (per the Wake County website), so it possibly could be a rental. Our management company is OMEGA ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT, INC. - the would probably know if an sort of community effort is being planned. We don't really have a regular newsletter, but an email may go out. If it does, I'll post here.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:09 PM

Thanks so much! Hopefully it was vacant.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:53 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,584,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
Oh, I think I heard some sirens that night as well. I'm not known for being overly observant - I'll have to drive down that street tomorrow morning (hate getting home after dark!) and take a look! I live off Trafalgar myself, in the Swallow Hill section.

edit: Nothing will beat the excitement of having a house a few doors up explode though!

Propane Tanks May Have Caused Explosion At Apex House :: WRAL.com

(where I used to live in Apex)
HEY I REMEMBER THAT! The news choppers were hovering RIGHT over our master bedroom....our house was on Bergen Ave. If I remember correctly this was just a couple weeks before the giant EQ chemical fire...when quaint little Apex was on global news broadcasts! Good times.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
HEY I REMEMBER THAT! The news choppers were hovering RIGHT over our master bedroom....our house was on Bergen Ave. If I remember correctly this was just a couple weeks before the giant EQ chemical fire...when quaint little Apex was on global news broadcasts! Good times.
I lived on Piney Woods so howdy ex-neighbor! And yeah EQ wasn't much after that. I really did wonder how I managed to find such an exciting "small town" to live in! Of course when the EQ fire was going on I had no idea either. My dad called me at 7AM because he saw it on the news (in NY!) and wanted to make sure I was okay! I was like "Huh? What fire? Evacuation? No, not that I know of... "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary