Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 01:55 PM

502 posts, read 1,392,423 times

Advertisements

Here's a new one..
When my husband was outside getting the trash cans in, he was approached by a sloppily dressed guy selling meat with his buddy from the back of their little dark blue beat up pickup with a very small white refrigerator thingy on the back. No name on the truck. They didn't go up to anyone's door, they appeared to be cruising around the neighborhood and just approaching people.

The guy reeked like smoke and obviously had no soliciting permit from the Town of Cary....

Be on the lookout, and please tell your kids to be careful. Reminds me of the guys "selling art" door to door this summer.... you could just tell they were full of crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 02:01 PM

6,453 posts, read 9,814,509 times
I forgot the name they used on my wife when they tried this(she wisely told them they would have to speak to me when I got home, she hates to say no lol). I googled them and found out what a scam it was. When they returned later I told them we get our meats from omaha steaks and are happy with that, they replied that is their sister company and they get the same meats, uh yeah right!

Old 01-12-2010, 02:06 PM

476 posts, read 1,676,947 times
Default Street Meat?

Did his license plate read "RD KL 4U" ?

ICK! That is awful... if you see him again I would most definitely all the non-emergency police number.

I read the N&O article about the former professional ballerina that has been wheelchair bound from tainted burger (E Coli). We all know that meat needs to be from a reputable & clean source, and properly refrigerated. Who knows what they were trying to pass off.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:03 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,096,578 times
Always call the police when you see something suspicious.

They far prefer dealing with checking out suspicions than dealing with the potential aftermath.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:05 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,765,612 times
What is the non emergency police #?

Old 01-12-2010, 05:12 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
Those two guys have doing that in the Cary area for years. They have a refrigerated thing in the back of their truck. I've never bought their meat and don't plan to, but I don't think they're actually "criminals" either.

Last edited by lamishra; 01-12-2010 at 06:23 PM..

Old 01-12-2010, 05:17 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,096,578 times
There was a guy in Raleigh selling frozen seafood like that, and he went door to door. It concerned me, but everyone said he was fine and had done it for years. He appeared much cleaner and had a sign on his truck.

It must be worthwhile to the Cary meat guys. They must have customers. (!)

Old 01-12-2010, 05:26 PM

1,561 posts, read 5,159,097 times
lol...yes, just what i wanted... meat out of the back of some sketchy guy's truck. that's so much nicer than the organic, grass-fed beef from whole foods. eww

Old 01-12-2010, 05:27 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,591,207 times
oh brother....this happened to us a long time ago, around '99 or 2000 when we were living in Cary....unfortunately I wasn't home and my wife. god bless her, is a bit of a "sucker". Tried them out because what was done was done....worst steaks we had ever had. We are steak people too; we have it fairly often sometimes at least once a week...so she bought A LOT..because it "was so cheap!" 2 large "cake boxes" worth of frozen steaks that had to have been in that freezer of theirs for at least a couple weeks. They probably bought it from Winn-Dixie just before it's expiration date! I started working from home more often after that

Old 01-12-2010, 06:48 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,148,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Those two guys have doing that in the Cary area for years. They have a refrigerated thing in the back of their truck. I've never bought their meat and don't plan to, but I don't think they're actually "criminals" either.
I had a strange experience with one of them several years back. He'd parked in my driveway, walked up to my house and saw that we had a "no soliciting" sign, and turned to walk away. Then he realized he'd locked his keys in his running truck. So he had to ring my doorbell anyway, and I loaned him a phone. Eventually he got someone to help him get back in his truck and went away.

I never bought from them either, but yeah, they've been around Cary for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary