Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 06:25 PM

6 posts, read 10,458 times

Advertisements

Hi. I am new to Raleigh and am interested where people go for mental health treatment. I 'd like to know what is a good vs not so good facility in this area. I am interested in places that offer inpatient and outpatient treatment. For the record, this is for employment purposes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 06:33 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,871,316 times
What type of job - health care tech, nurse, counselor, ....? Do you want state run or private? Do you live in Raleigh or outside?

Old 01-19-2010, 07:04 PM

I am a social worker. I am interested in both private and state-run programs. I live in Raleigh.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:00 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,871,316 times
1. Center for Child and Family Health - HOME Durham if you are willing to drive?
2. Holly Hill, Falstaff Rd Raleigh
3. Wake County www.wakegov.com - perhaps for the juvenile facilities?
4. Southlight, Highwoods Blvd, Ral. all outpt I believe. Wake Co schools used to send them lots of referrals!
5. NC Center for Non Profits website

There are a couple of decent private orgs in Raleigh, a friend used to work there, she visited children & elderly in their home environment. She's now moved away so I can't ask her. I think one was Carolina---- I know, not much help!

You might want to ck with the VA in Durham.

Of course if you are willing to drive to Butner...long drive, there is the new facility that some of the pts from Dix have been moved to. I knew a doc who did a rotation there, he felt like it was really worth his time..got lots of experience. Here's info from Dix website NC MHDDSAS: State Facilities (http://www.ncdhhs.gov/mhddsas/statefacilities.htm - broken link)

Good luck and thank you for what you do!

PS - ck Duke www.duke.edu they have some satelite offices that receive grant funding for children with mental health needs

Last edited by RaleighLass; 01-19-2010 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: added ps

Old 01-19-2010, 08:09 PM

Thanks RaleighLass!! You provided much more than I expected to get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary