Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2010, 02:42 PM

85 posts, read 311,617 times

Advertisements

Hello. I'm looking for recommendations of security companies in Raleigh/Durham. My family's needs are pretty basic.... sendors on the window / doors, motion detectors, etc.

I'm just looking for names of local companies and reasons why you liked (or disliked them). For various reasons, I'm not interested in the "big guys"....CPI, ADT, Brinks. We'd prefer a local, smaller company.

I've spent quite a bit of time searching older threads for this information, with minimal luck. Too much "blah-blahing", not enough of what I'm looking for. I'm just seeking references.....names and numbers. Plain and simple.

That said,
- Please don't tell me to get a dog.
- Please save your opinions of why one should / should not get a security system.

THANKS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 07:39 PM

27 posts, read 101,167 times
We had a great experience with our alarm company and had a current hard-wired security system in our home updated by American Alarm Systems in Cary, NC and monitoring transferred to them. I am completely happy with all aspects of the company. Our original installing company was no longer in business and I needed to change the monitoring company, too. I am aware of alarm equipment and terms so I called and emailed 5 companies which were either local, regional or national. One company took over a week to respond, another had very poor answers and others did not want to upgrade our current, working system but rather replace it with their own system. American Alarm Systems is family-owned, been in business since 1993, local, has their own central station, only uses their own employees (no subcontractors) and the installers had worked for the company for over 15 years (and did a great job). I received a reply the next day from my inquiry (on a Saturday, even) and when I read the nightmare experiences of others on this and other sites, I took my time and researched alot of companies. I know that bad reviews of any company get more attention but this is my very positive experience.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:20 AM

171 posts, read 430,287 times
Carolina Security did ours. A locally owned and operating company, we love 'em!

Old 02-19-2010, 04:38 PM

212 posts, read 1,017,082 times
I have southern security group.
They are knowledgeable, fairly priced and got my 1st year free and no contract. I own my equipment and can leave at any time. Just make sure you don't sign one of these silly 3 year contracts with CPI or ADT, beacuse if you read the small print it will scare you!

Southern Security Group Home Page
Ask for Jack Bauer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary