Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 11:15 AM

1,683 posts, read 3,451,235 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of someone who either offers natural cleaning services or would be willing to use our natural products to clean our home?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 11:38 AM

11 posts, read 64,882 times
hi roscomac,

sorry i don't know of anyone. i'm sure you can call maidpro or find some services on craigslist that will do so.

on a separate note, do you think you can PM me and tell me what natural cleaner (brands) you use? we want to make that transition to 100% soon. we've started with dishwashing detergent and laundry detergent. thanks and good luck to you!

Old 06-01-2007, 12:07 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,762,447 times
I found that if you just hire someone who is independent they prefer to use your cleaning products anyway. Of course, I don't have anyone their to recommend. I've always checked with my neighbors for recommendations for cleaners.

BTW, I've just discovered Mrs. Meyers Aromatherpeutic Household Cleaners. I LOVE how my house smells now. My favorite is the Lavender. Plus it makes me want to clean my house so it smells good. And I've never been one to be excited about cleaning. I'm hoping I can find it in the Triangle when I move so I don't have to order it online.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:11 PM

850 posts, read 3,627,220 times
There's a NC holistic magazine that is free...Its called Innerchange;
Innerchange - Holistic Inspiration on the New Age, Spirituality, and Alternative Health

You might find something helpful in there.

We are a natural family as well...and buy some cleaners;

Dish Liquid: Ecover
Dish Washing Liquid: Mrs. Meyers
Laundry Detergent: Ecos (Earth Friendly)

I found Ecos at the NEW Costco in Raleigh but for about the same price as you'd pay in Whole Foods, I ordered a 5gal container of it from the manufacturer.

Also found a case of Mrs. Meyers on sale and FREE shipping at Amazon so always check there as well.

I make my own all purpose spray using white vinegar, GSE (grapefruit seed extract) and essential oils.

Scrub with Baking Soda or Bon Ami

Make air fresheners with Essential oils and water (shake well).

HTH
Lauren

Old 07-10-2007, 12:23 PM

1,683 posts, read 3,451,235 times
I am still having major problems with finding someone. Three different people have scheduled appointments to do a quote and haven't shown up. Anyone have any recommendations?

Old 07-10-2007, 01:09 PM

420 posts, read 1,536,281 times
Re: Mrs. Meyers Aromatherpeutic Household Cleaners. " I'm hoping I can find it in the Triangle when I move so I don't have to order it online."

These are sold at most natural food stores in the triangle (Whole Foods, various coops, and even at a small gourmet shop in Mebane!).

Old 07-10-2007, 01:41 PM

146 posts, read 691,428 times
We have someone who is independent clean our house, and we've been very satisfied with her. She owns the business, and she brings the same 2-3 ladies with her every time.

She usually brings all her own cleaning supplies, but she will also use whatever you have as long as you ask her to. We're pretty anal about what we use to clean our hardwood floors, and she's been great about doing exactly what we want. PM me if you would like her contact info.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:46 PM

6 posts, read 16,801 times
Default Love Mrs. Meyers Products

I love the Mrs. Meyers line, it smells so good it actually makes me want to clean. The geranium disp soap and lavender cleaning spray are fantastic. I so glad they are sold in NC as well, shipping would start to add up!

Old 07-11-2007, 06:50 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,064,146 times
I have definitely seen Mrs. Meyers products around the Triangle. Try Harris Teeter. I think I may have even seen the line carried at Target!

Old 08-10-2007, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,887 times
Default visit www.thecleanchoice.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
Does anyone know of someone who either offers natural cleaning services or would be willing to use our natural products to clean our home?

Thanks!
visit www.thecleanchoice.com they use all natural cleaners and you can even buy their cleaners via a link on their site under their paw-rific store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary