Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 08:44 PM

76 posts, read 173,683 times

Advertisements

Thanks RaleighLass. I appreciate your input. Not sure how you mean, but I think the following.

Things could change, but relatively speaking, it will be same old same old. My state's deficits are only gonna grow higher and winters I am sure will be just as cold.

I am sure the jobs will be better a year from now in NC, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 10:43 AM

305 posts, read 767,799 times
Y'know unless your wife is a high risk patient or close to delivery she'll find traveling while pregnant much, much, much, much, much easier than traveling with a baby. If you're planning on coming alone, your wife will have a much, much, much easier time (assuming she doesn't have a high risk condition) spending a weekend at home alone than she will spending a weekend at home with a baby. Trust me on this!

The traveling won't get easier until the kid is about 5 or so. Even then it still won't be as easy as it would be while pregnant with the kid on the inside unless your wife has hyperemesis or something.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:16 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,866,443 times
Panchodog, just what I was thinking My English grandmother used to say when women complained they couldn't do things 'cos there were pregnant, "Better in than out!' What she meant was what you said..it's easier when you are pregnant rather than lugging around a baby with all the stuff you think they need

Old 04-18-2010, 09:56 PM

Panchodog,

I agree with you personally, but its one thing for me to agree and another for my wife to agree.

These days, I dont try to convince her too much in any direction. IF she says "no", its a no. Its a big job carrying another person inside one's body. I am willing to put up with the brutal winters, for another year or so. Besides, I am not getting good response from UNC via emails, its like they dont want another yankee transplant there... or something

Old 04-19-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo08 View Post
Panchodog,

I agree with you personally, but its one thing for me to agree and another for my wife to agree.

These days, I dont try to convince her too much in any direction. IF she says "no", its a no. Its a big job carrying another person inside one's body. I am willing to put up with the brutal winters, for another year or so. Besides, I am not getting good response from UNC via emails, its like they dont want another yankee transplant there... or something
I'll let you into a secret....it's actually pretty easy to be pregnant unless you have issues with the pregnancy or mother's health. Sometimes it's easy to forget you are pregnant & go to pick up something like a 40lb bag of mulch and then realize, hmm, maybe not. many women work until the day they give birth. And the "person" inside, well, until the last month or 6wks, when a baby weighs roughly 4lbs and (if it) presses on your spine or bladder, it's not too difficult. Better in than out!

UNC - I imagine they are slammed with inquiries. Bear in mind that our state has had cut backs and it could have affected their staffing levels. Keep trying if it's what you want.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:17 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo08 View Post
Panchodog,

YOU are a smart husband! Listen to your wife. She knows her own body. Don't listen to others, telling you how easy being pregnant is! Some women do pregnancy well and others do not!!!

Vicki

Old 04-19-2010, 08:35 AM

450 posts, read 1,350,056 times
I agree with Vicki. In general I do think RaleighLass and others are right about "better in than out" but for me personally, pregnancy was awful and I traveled much better with an infant (before they were mobile) than when pregnant.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVmommy View Post
I agree with Vicki. In general I do think RaleighLass and others are right about "better in than out" but for me personally, pregnancy was awful and I traveled much better with an infant (before they were mobile) than when pregnant.
Actually Vicki, I included a disclaimer.. And I've had one good and one problem pregnancy. But let's face it, some women use it as an excuse to be treated like an invalid or to dominate their husband. While many women don't. I've seen both. But this is off topic so I'll leave it at this

fv mommy, I know what you mean!

Last edited by RaleighLass; 04-19-2010 at 10:12 AM.. Reason: added fv mommy

Old 01-24-2012, 04:41 PM

Hi All,

Reviving this thread after almost 2 years.

We never gave up on relocating to NC, but as you may read from the previous posts, there was a baby on the way.

She's growing up fast and we are back on our quest to move out of NorthEast (can
t wait !)....

We are making firm plans to come out in Late february (hopefully it wont be snowing here then, and definitely not in NC, he he).

Working on a list of priorities, but the most important for us would be jobs (kid is small for school yet).

Both of us work in technology and any pointers would be great.

Thanks mucho,
Neo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary