Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 04:09 PM

574 posts, read 1,209,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchodog View Post
I was feeling cranky so I wanted to point out to everyone who reads this thread that the Triangle region of NC cannot exclude Chapel Hill and Durham. It's just wrong.
It is a bit confusing to people that are not from here, but thinking of moving here. I've explained to I don't know how many people that Clayton is not just a smidge east of RTP. Maybe on a map it looks close, but it's a commute that you'd really have to sit down and think about. And Fayetteville ? Yikes.

As to the OP, It bares repeating...find a house you like, in a neighborhood you like. The schools are pretty much all the same. Of course if your kid is in school in Clayton and you're working on the other side of the county, that's gonna make an impact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 01:21 PM

21 posts, read 60,313 times
Are you only interested in looking at public schools or would you consider private? Our son attended The Raleigh School which has been around for over 50 years and is a wonderful, wonderful school. We were there for 6 years (K-5th) and loved every minute of it. I wish they had a middle and high school option but since they don't we spent a year searching for the "right" one. Finally, we found Heritage Middle School here in the Wake Forest area and we are very pleased (and our son is doing wonderfully well and loving it too). It is, however, a year-round school but it works for us and our son. Good luck in your search!

Old 06-10-2010, 08:05 PM

123 posts, read 611,676 times
my preference would be casa esperanza then Ligon Middle then Raleigh charter high school

Old 07-13-2010, 04:56 PM

14 posts, read 41,294 times
Wondering what the answers would be for "if you could choose any elementary/middle/high school in Wake county" which would they be?

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary