Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 09:36 PM

2 posts, read 5,474 times

Advertisements

Hi guys!

I've been lurking these forums for years and decided to join up today! Always fun things to read here. Anyway, I travel for work so I am forced leave my home vacant while away. I figured I might as well try renting it out for the rally. I just have no clue what a competitive rate is.

Location - HWY 16, near the Cosmos Mystery area. About 3/4 of a mile off the highway on a dirt road. I know being so far away from Strugis takes off some value, but are there are people who would be interested still?

House - It's an updated double wide trailer on 7 acres, 3 bed 2 bath, Furnished, Hot Tub. There's a 2 car wide carport to keep their bikes dry as well. Nice secluded area, no visible neighbors and forest service surrounding the property.

I have a large shop full or valuable tools/stuff that'll remain locked up, should I worry about that? I'd prefer no dogs. I also have a RV and full RV hookups 200' feet from the house, but I feel like renting that out would take some value off of the house.

What should I charge for the week? Where is the best place to advertise?

Thanks guys!

Last edited by DAKINE84; 04-29-2013 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: Speeeelllling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 07:42 PM

16 posts, read 50,526 times
A guy I work with rents his house out for the rally. His house is listed on this site. Rally-Rentals.com - The Sturgis Rally Rental Headquarters - Offering beautiful homes and lodges within the Black Hills for rent during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.

You can look through there and see all the different rates. You can probably go through this place or do something on your own. If you do it, make sure you get some kind of legal contract to help cover yourself and set up guidlines with the people staying. I think he gets half upfront non refundable. I dont really know any specifics about anything else.
Your location is not that bad. There are a lot of people that dont want to be right by Sturgis. Plus you are not far away from some good riding. A lot of people go to Sturgis once or twice while they are here and then just ride the rest of the week.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:29 AM

2 posts, read 5,474 times
Thanks for the advice!

I seen a house fairly close to mine on there, I'll definently make sure my bases are covered. I've rented out my other house for years - bad renters can cause a lot of damage!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
View detailed profiles of: