Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 07:01 PM

23 posts, read 152,593 times

Advertisements

Hi to All,
With many thanks to all of you who have assisted me in my search for information about Rapid City as a place to move and to live, I wish to announce that we are in the process of purchasing a house, and are moving to Rapid City from Virginia this July!!!

Now, we are in need of information about transportation to and from the Rapid City airport. We will be flying out of RC EARLY in the moring after we close on the house, and need to find out about how we can get to the airport: taxis? hotel shuttle? no such animal??

I would appreciate any information you can provide on this. You all have been a wealth of knowledge for me, and I could not have done as well without this forum!

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 07:52 PM

75 posts, read 253,019 times
Hooray on your move. I will be moving there myself, hopefully in September, after I sell my house. There is an airport shuttle servicing the airport. I dion't know the prices.

AIRPORT SHUTTLE SERVICES
1-800-357-9998

Old 05-12-2009, 07:59 PM

948 posts, read 2,795,259 times
Check with your Realtor I bet he/she would give you a lift and if doesn't will help with #'s on who to contact!

Old 05-12-2009, 08:59 PM

267 posts, read 898,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric#1 View Post
Check with your Realtor I bet he/she would give you a lift and if doesn't will help with #'s on who to contact!
Or your lender - I'm sure one of the people who is making a profit off your purchase would be more than happy to drive you back to the airport.

Some of the hotels have shuttles - if you know where you're staying, you can check with them, too. There are definitely taxis around town also - we aren't THAT small

Old 05-12-2009, 09:36 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,475,584 times
Hey Boomer, Congratulations!!! Welcome to South Dakota!!! You sound very happy about it.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:48 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,414,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerchick View Post
Hi to All,
With many thanks to all of you who have assisted me in my search for information about Rapid City as a place to move and to live, I wish to announce that we are in the process of purchasing a house, and are moving to Rapid City from Virginia this July!!!

Now, we are in need of information about transportation to and from the Rapid City airport. We will be flying out of RC EARLY in the moring after we close on the house, and need to find out about how we can get to the airport: taxis? hotel shuttle? no such animal??

I would appreciate any information you can provide on this. You all have been a wealth of knowledge for me, and I could not have done as well without this forum!

Thanks in advance.
Boomer, I wish I could help more! Danny, Busy, and Ashnat might be able to help!

Old 05-13-2009, 12:22 AM

3,941 posts, read 14,727,678 times
Airport Shuttles run from open to close. I usually just call a cab though if I can't get a ride. I think Rapid Taxi charges like $10 to get from downtown to the airport. I'm sure your realtor would be MORE than happy to give you a ride though. Just drop a few hints.

AND WELCOME!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 04:48 AM

23 posts, read 152,593 times
Default It's Real - We are Moving To Rapid City

This forum is amazing!!! We are very excited and eager to become residents of Rapid City. We have the mover scheduled, and I am using all of the skills learned as an Army Brat (who moved 23 times from birth to 18 years old) to pack 20+ years of "stuff". This is the longest I have EVER lived in one place (Virginia). It is frightening how much stuff can be added to a household when you don't have to move every 6 months to a year!
Thanks, again, for the airport transportation info.

Now, don't think that when we get out to Rapid that you guys will be off the hook for more information. I am sure that my questions will continue as we try to learn more about the area. Maybe in years to come I can offer as much good info as you guys - but I doubt it! You guys are the best!

Thanks!!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 06:57 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,835,501 times
Ask away, we will have an answer. Correct answers cost more (I am kidding) And welcome.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:16 AM

1,582 posts, read 3,112,711 times
Congrats! We are in the process, also, but will be farther up in the hills! I am so excited! Now, if all the packing would just do itself, I would be all set!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City