Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2011, 01:25 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,302,067 times

Advertisements

The company need not be named, but I closed a transaction Monday and this morning I get an email from the AM telling me she hasn't received the wire transfer from the escrow company (which the bank selected). I'm wondering why I'm being asked to chase down a wire as I don't have any access to the internal workings of a company 400 miles away.

OK, no problem, I call the escrow company anyway as this AM has been a stone bit** the whole way. The escrow guy says their working directly with the bank to find the document she is requesting. I reply back to her that they are working on it directly with the bank and if I can be of any further service, to let me know. This is her response to my email

"No, he also deals with you as you are responsible for it until closed and funded. I need a copy of the wire transfer with the fed tracking number on it so we can track our funds. Otherwise there is going to be a per diem to the buyer until we get our funds and buyer should not have keys as of yet." Plus she's threatened to remove me from the banks preferred brokers for several other things that occurred that I've had no responsibility for.

Excuse me? In CA when possession is at close of escrow, the closing is defined as "When all documents are recorded and funds are available to the seller". It's not my problem you can't find your wire and good luck trying to ding the buyer for per diem after the fact. Oh and BTW, the buyer got the keys a few hours after the property recorded.

It would be really nice if you would familiarize yourself with the real estate law sweetheart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 05:17 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,081,029 times
Sorry for your experience.

(My response was bleeped out)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals