Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 12:15 PM

5 posts, read 25,073 times

Advertisements

Just to explain the "we"... my buyer/client at the time is my good buddy from high school, that is why he asked me why the listing agent was talking to him about selling the property... and talking to him in a manner that made it sound like he got a bad deal on his purchase and that he (the listing agent) could essentially "save him" and get him out without a financial loss.

I guess it is just an honor amongst agents issue... and I do wish that I didn't hear about it or that it didn't happen... moving on and focusing on the next deal... good advice Steve.

Thanks all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 02:48 PM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times
While you may not like the wording he didn't do anything illegal. I actually add the buyers of my listings to my mail list after I'm done but I don't ever contact them in person. How did he get their phone # anyway?

Old 01-18-2013, 04:34 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,222,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
While you may not like the wording he didn't do anything illegal. I actually add the buyers of my listings to my mail list after I'm done but I don't ever contact them in person. How did he get their phone # anyway?
Good call Brandon, I was going to ask the same thing. I see many (lazy) agents forward e mails from their clients, revealing their e mail addresses, to me rather than taking the time to copy and paste the text and/or attachments into a brand new e mail to protect their client's confidential information. Maybe I'm over sensitive, but I see that practice as highly unprofessional.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:38 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gggamut View Post
Just to explain the "we"... my buyer/client at the time is my good buddy from high school, that is why he asked me why the listing agent was talking to him about selling the property... and talking to him in a manner that made it sound like he got a bad deal on his purchase and that he (the listing agent) could essentially "save him" and get him out without a financial loss.

I guess it is just an honor amongst agents issue... and I do wish that I didn't hear about it or that it didn't happen... moving on and focusing on the next deal... good advice Steve.

Thanks all.

It was a bit confusing because you said:

".....after we purchased the property" ...... "The client happened to be a high school buddy of mine, so I wasn't worried about him poaching my client"

Either way, it doesn't matter now; Your buyer is your buddy. Thanx for clarifying.

Now, back to our regular programming........

Old 01-18-2013, 04:54 PM

6,333 posts, read 18,049,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoFanMe View Post
Good call Brandon, I was going to ask the same thing. I see many (lazy) agents forward e mails from their clients, revealing their e mail addresses, to me rather than taking the time to copy and paste the text and/or attachments into a brand new e mail to protect their client's confidential information. Maybe I'm over sensitive, but I see that practice as highly unprofessional.
Agreed, it's an unprofessional thing to do, in my opinion, but so many agents do it that when I'm writing an email to an agent defending my client's position, or selling the benefits of an offer/counter, I am actually writing with the assumption that they will lazily forward to their client. So my audience is really both the agent and client.

I never even cut/paste, I just summarize and advise. Makes it easier to keep emotion out of the equation. If the seller asks "why?", I just say, "let's not worry about why, let's just focus on getting to a number you can both live with so the deal can move forward".

Steve

Old 01-18-2013, 07:51 PM

5 posts, read 25,073 times
I thought it was just kind of shady... If he had spoken to my "former" client and said: "Hey, if you ever need help selling your home, I do have a lot of experience in this area..." I probably would have been fine with it, but essentially, he was bad mouthing me and the property he just sold to us in order to coerce my "former" client to sell his home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals