Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 10:26 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
I asked about that earlier and it sounds like the TS might have signed that with the initial offer.. I've been finding more and more REO companies wanting addenda to be included with the standard contract, so that someone cannot use that as an out..
If that is the case, then I would ask my agent to pay for the home inspection so that I could get out of the contract. The buyer gave a directive. The agent didn't follow it. If they don't look at texts, then they need to tell clients to email or call them. There are local agents that don't text here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 06:03 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
1. Seems likely that the agent erred.

2. How hard is it, really, to terminate an REO contract without penalty to the buyer? Even if breaching due to buyers' remorse?
In multiple offer situations, is the bank going to just move on, or go after the buyer? I suspect the former.

3. Where is the EMD? Who has the money in hand?

Old 08-25-2013, 09:17 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Lol you texted a realtor about backing out of a house purchase? And you are mad at him for not responding? Texting is idiotic, impersonal and should not be used as a vehicle for communication of important things like buying a house. You have to be joking. If I were a realtor I would drop you as a client.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:32 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Lol you texted a realtor about backing out of a house purchase? And you are mad at him for not responding? Texting is idiotic, impersonal and should not be used as a vehicle for communication of important things like buying a house. You have to be joking. If I were a realtor I would drop you as a client.
tad harsh, but I understand your stance. plenty of my clients opt to text. but in the event that a discussion of importance, either in real time or something downstream that could be brought back up, I incorporate that discussion into an email so that I have a record.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
tad harsh, but I understand your stance. plenty of my clients opt to text. but in the event that a discussion of importance, either in real time or something downstream that could be brought back up, I incorporate that discussion into an email so that I have a record.

Yeah well maybe a bit harsh but jeez you're buying a house not a CD at Target or telling your wife to start dinner. A text of ; hey I'm on my way meet you at xyz to see the house. Or on my way. Running late sorry be there soon

NOT

Joe retract my offer for the house

Joe could be busy with a sick child, in a accident, in a meeting, phone service or phone dropped and broke whatever. Whenever I needed to communicate with my RE agent I called. Left VM or spoke to agent.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:48 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,648,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Yeah well maybe a bit harsh but jeez you're buying a house not a CD at Target or telling your wife to start dinner. A text of ; hey I'm on my way meet you at xyz to see the house. Or on my way. Running late sorry be there soon

NOT

Joe retract my offer for the house

Joe could be busy with a sick child, in a accident, in a meeting, phone service or phone dropped and broke whatever. Whenever I needed to communicate with my RE agent I called. Left VM or spoke to agent.
If any of your scenarios did arise then calling a cell phone rather than texting has the same outcome, no contact but a message was left.

The biggest issue with the OP is that she is not ready to buy, not the method of contact with the realtor. She made an offer and when they called for highest and best then, even if she did not want to raise the offer, her original offer should still stand but she got cold feet.

My question would be, what changed from the time she made the first offer and less than 24 hours later when she decided to pull the offer?

Old 08-26-2013, 07:08 AM

1,392 posts, read 3,128,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post

My question would be, what changed from the time she made the first offer and less than 24 hours later when she decided to pull the offer?
My thoughts exactly...

Old 08-26-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
If any of your scenarios did arise then calling a cell phone rather than texting has the same outcome, no contact but a message was left.

The biggest issue with the OP is that she is not ready to buy, not the method of contact with the realtor. She made an offer and when they called for highest and best then, even if she did not want to raise the offer, her original offer should still stand but she got cold feet.

This is why you call and speak to the person if its important. If you can't find them you call their office. If you are getting cold feet at the offer time you probably shouldn't be looking for a house because you're not ready for purchase. I walked away from a house because it needed 60k worth of repairs and my realtor at the time was trying to bs me into a purchase if a house that was absolutely trashed. I spoke to her and made it clear I was not purchasing. I was all for buying the house all my ducks in a row. The inspection is what killed the deal. She basically refused to resubmit after I showed her how much it was gonna take to repair so I walked. Never once did I get cold feet.

Ok op got cold feet but even so why not make sure the person gets the message as in voice mail or speak to them in person. You're about to enter what most likely is the biggest single purchase you are about to make in your life and you are texting to communicate. Brilliant.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:57 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,671,195 times
Quote:

No it's not the biggest issue. This is of course something you thought of and decided to assign to this thread even though it was never asked about. The biggest issue is the OP asked the agent to do something, a reasonable amount of time has elapsed the agent didn't do it, and now the OP is under contract for a house that she doesn't want.

Old 08-26-2013, 04:21 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
A big "NO!" to all regarding what the "Biggest Issue" is...

The "Biggest Issue(s)" for the OP is(are) two-fold:
  1. How hard is it to terminate, and at what cost, if any?
  2. And where is the EMD?
First things first!
Sniveling and snarking about the apparent ineptitude of the agent or appropriateness of the use of texting or willingness to be a buyer are all tangential if the OP can get free, for free. Once that is settled, it may be blood-letting time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals