Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2007, 01:19 PM

173 posts, read 939,427 times

Advertisements

Note: My addiction is positive SO FAR.

I've never used drugs or alcohol, I dont have shopping addictions like most women. I LOVE REAL ESTATE!

I met a man last week and he told me about how he lost his family behind his real estate career. Now granted I dont forsee this happening to me, but I understood how it can happen.

For all of your EXPERIECED agents:

HOW DO YOU MANAGE SUCCESS IN RE AND ALSO MAINTAIN A HEALTHY FAMILY ENVIORMENT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 12:12 AM

166 posts, read 856,101 times
Schedule time for family, mark it on your calendar, let NOTHING take priority over those times. Pick a day of the week that you are unavailable. Otherwise, you will burn yourself (and/or your family) out. It's hard to do, you hate to possibly miss a call, but you have to ask yourself that question - What will matter more in 5 years, that I changed my schedule to show property to a client who was just kicking tires - or watched my daughter show her horse? The horse show always wins around here. Let your family know they are more important than your work, and they will support you.

Old 11-24-2007, 01:07 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
I'll let you know when I master it... Tough for a new agent to do because you're trying to start a new business and it's important to be available.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:21 AM

173 posts, read 939,427 times
I think finding balance is something that "new" agents have to just go through.
A very succcessful agent told me that when her kids complain she just goes out and buys them new things like iPod's and PS3. I dont want to become that.

All I really want to do is continue to JUMPSTART my career.

They say the first two years is when RE agents fly or fail.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:02 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times
Judging by your posts, I'd cut back on the caffeine

Old 11-25-2007, 12:36 AM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
My broker used to award quarterly dinners to the companies top producers- he provided the gift cards to fancy local resturants.

Your clients will understand if you have other appointments. You need to help them understand what their expectations are, and how you will attend to the details/their needs, in a timely fashion.

Real estate is not, nor ever has been fatal. It can bankrupt you, but it won't be the cause of death.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:16 AM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missnew2nc View Post
Note: My addiction is positive SO FAR.

I've never used drugs or alcohol, I dont have shopping addictions like most women. I LOVE REAL ESTATE!

I met a man last week and he told me about how he lost his family behind his real estate career. Now granted I dont forsee this happening to me, but I understood how it can happen.

For all of your EXPERIECED agents:

HOW DO YOU MANAGE SUCCESS IN RE AND ALSO MAINTAIN A HEALTHY FAMILY ENVIORMENT?
I don't have an office at the brokerage I work from home
I guess that is #1
I only go into the office for meetings..caravans.. etc

I also have to pick and choose

If my son has a baseball game and a client calls and says they want to look at a home I tell them I already have an appt right now but would 3 or 5 be better (ya know what I mean)

I think of my whole family..my husband might be the least understanding of them all actually
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals