Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2019, 08:29 PM

3 posts, read 1,156 times

Advertisements

I ended my exclusive agreement with my realtor after only two weeks- he was THAT unbearable. He agreed to let me out of the exclusive agreement, but refuses to take my listing down from his and various other websites. When I hire a new realtor, how can he/she post my listing if there's already an existing one for my home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 09:01 PM

14,498 posts, read 12,141,672 times
If it DOESN'T show as Cancelled, or Inactive soon, contact his broker.

In most MLSs... your listing will show up in the history has having *been* listed, but it will show as canceled, or some other equivalent term that means the listing is not active.

If a NEW listing as added to the MLS it will propagate out to all the Real Estate Websites as newer than the old one and will show up first. Depending on the site, the old listing may still appear in the history.

You may not be able to delete the listing from the history, because it did happen and is now part of the history. But sometimes you can delete all the pictures, and your contact information, if they are bad or you just really want to. If the other agent paid for the pictures, they will sometimes take them down to prevent you from re-using them. Some of the sites are better about taking down the old pictures than others.

As always, much depends on where you are and the particulars of your state rules, and your local MLS.

Old 01-29-2019, 02:12 AM

43,320 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismania View Post
I ended my exclusive agreement with my realtor after only two weeks- he was THAT unbearable. He agreed to let me out of the exclusive agreement, but refuses to take my listing down from his and various other websites. When I hire a new realtor, how can he/she post my listing if there's already an existing one for my home?
Read your listing agreement very closely.
You may have the right to terminate your agent's role as a fiduciary, but no right to terminate the agent's exclusive right to advertise the house for sale.
I know that sounds goofy, but that may be what you signed up for.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:35 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,229,466 times
the agreement AND your termination form.

what Mike said put another way, you may have agreed to terminate, but they may have the requirement that it not be re-listed during the remainder of your original term.

check that, and then contact his Broker-in-charge

Old 01-31-2019, 01:01 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,330,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismania View Post
What did they do that was so unbearable, inquiring minds want to know?

Old 02-05-2019, 07:54 AM

661 posts, read 834,619 times
Default Cancel vs withdrawn

You make a good point, sometime the contract is canceled for marketing but it still in effect and sellers cannot relist until the contract expires, I know we call this withdrawn in our market as the listing date has not expired and the contract still in effect. I the contract is not officially canceled and acknowledged by the head broker of the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Read your listing agreement very closely.
You may have the right to terminate your agent's role as a fiduciary, but no right to terminate the agent's exclusive right to advertise the house for sale.
I know that sounds goofy, but that may be what you signed up for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals