Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 10:19 AM

658 posts, read 831,291 times

Advertisements

Good thing for consumers who are tired of ego-driven Realtors. Hard times means some of them will be more humble and less arrogant about their trade. I have worked with Realtors through three cycles now, and the bleeding always ends in overall benefit to the consumer. Even so, I never use Realtors anymore, I keep my license current for my own transactions, and use my attorney for $1,000 each transaction when I'm too busy or travelling, saving me about $15,000 each. No Realtor ego or persona is worth fifteen grand!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 11:26 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
One realtor I dealt with for a short sale which fell through but she was able to sell it for a higher price, which is good for the bank and the seller....she send me cards to show me houses which she has sold this year and so far she has sold 7 homes and maybe more, but 7 showed up on the cards alone and the cheapest was $ 190 K, most homes were above $ 300 K, so I guess she is doing pretty good and she started in '05. Overall I thought she was pretty good.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:37 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
One realtor I dealt with for a short sale which fell through but she was able to sell it for a higher price, which is good for the bank and the seller....she send me cards to show me houses which she has sold this year and so far she has sold 7 homes and maybe more, but 7 showed up on the cards alone and the cheapest was $ 190 K, most homes were above $ 300 K, so I guess she is doing pretty good and she started in '05. Overall I thought she was pretty good.
Is she a convicted felon?

Old 08-01-2008, 10:38 AM

930 posts, read 2,423,693 times
No Realtor ego or persona is worth fifteen grand!

Amen James!!!

I have bought and sold my last three properties on my own. It isn't that complicated.

Most of the realtors I know in Scottsdale are newly divorced women who wanted something easy that allowed them to keep their noon spa appointment. And they watched their realtor friend Natasha make a killing in 2005...and she was, I quote "dumber than a two by four". Now Natasha isn't making jack squat and alimony runs out next year so she spends overtime at the bar looking for next hubby.

I kinda digressed there. But the realtor profession as we know it is going extinct.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:13 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,648,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post

Amen James!!!

I have bought and sold my last three properties on my own. It isn't that complicated.

Most of the realtors I know in Scottsdale are newly divorced women who wanted something easy that allowed them to keep their noon spa appointment. And they watched their realtor friend Natasha make a killing in 2005...and she was, I quote "dumber than a two by four". Now Natasha isn't making jack squat and alimony runs out next year so she spends overtime at the bar looking for next hubby.

I kinda digressed there. But the realtor profession as we know it is going extinct.
How many properties did you own?
How many did you sell with a Realtor?

Old 08-01-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post

Amen James!!!

I will do the same next time...FSBO....

The realtor who sold so many this year has nothing against her in this State and was before in Cali, and I didn't check her background any further...by the way she started in '05 and was in the actor/model business before according to her. She works more hours than others and know how to sell million dollar homes, so she must do something good and by the way has no time to write on this forum.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:21 PM

930 posts, read 2,423,693 times
How many properties did you own?
How many did you sell with a Realtor?

I had 5 at one point....all in north scottsdale. Sold 4 of them in 05/06/07. Had I been smarter and more aware of what was happening I would have sold them all in 05. And I sold them all on Craigs.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:45 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,481,404 times
I'm actually suprised that we haven't seen a trimming of agents in our area. We get an agent roster every 3 months. The one I got last week is the same length as the one from February, which is only like a page shorter (out of 33 or 34 pages) than the one from a year ago. We don't have many new agents getting into the business right now, but hardly any have gone inactive in our area.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:42 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,986,140 times
I'm a new agent recently retired from the USAF. I joined my wife who had been an agent for three years.

Our local Association had more than 700 new members in the last year. Things are not so bad here in NC.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
I'm actually suprised that we haven't seen a trimming of agents in our area. We get an agent roster every 3 months. The one I got last week is the same length as the one from February, which is only like a page shorter (out of 33 or 34 pages) than the one from a year ago. We don't have many new agents getting into the business right now, but hardly any have gone inactive in our area.
They keep it open so they can sell their own home....family members homes, friends homes...etc.
For themself it is almost like selling FSBO.....and they don't have to pay the broker if they are smart enough...so they can sell more competitive by being on the MLS and not having to pay commission or just the brokers commission or a discounted fee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals