Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 06:48 AM

202 posts, read 949,706 times

Advertisements

I have a house for sell and I keep reading on this forum that people can see how many times someone has looked at there house on the internet such as realtor.com. Is that possible to see how many hits your listing has had?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 07:36 AM

1,010 posts, read 4,910,134 times
I have all my listings on realtor.com linked with a virtual tour. I get a weekly report from the virtual tour company that says how many hits the listing received and from what website they came from (realtor.com, my website, my company's website, local MLS, or other) I don't know of any other way to see how many hits you get on realtor.com. Maybe if you have a paid account with them that's upgraded, they send you that kind of information?

Old 05-07-2007, 09:29 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
The licensee must have an account with realtor.com - login and look under reporting.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:05 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,049,590 times
The number of hits, while not completely useless, isn't really an accurate measure of anything important. Number of actual showings is a better way to know whether a home is receiving attention from the market or not. If it's being shown a lot and no offers are coming in, I'd want to know what the showing agents and their buyers have to offer with regard to feedback.

I personally wouldn't spend any time looking or wondering how many hits a listing receives on Realtor.com.

Steve

Old 05-07-2007, 10:13 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post
The number of hits, while not completely useless, isn't really an accurate measure of anything important. Number of actual showings is a better way to know whether a home is receiving attention from the market or not. If it's being shown a lot and no offers are coming in, I'd want to know what the showing agents and their buyers have to offer with regard to feedback.

I personally wouldn't spend any time looking or wondering how many hits a listing receives on Realtor.com.

Steve
I disagree. It shows to a seller that your marketing is working, the propspects are out there, and eliminating your property from their list to see.

In the end, it is always about price.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:28 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,049,590 times
Quote:
I disagree. It shows to a seller that your marketing is working, the propspects are out there, and eliminating your property from their list to see.
OK, then how many hits on Realtor.com does it take to sell a house? How many is a good number of hits for a particular house? If the home hasn't received the expected number of hits, why is that and what does it mean? If a home has received more than the expected number of hits, and there is no offer, what does that tell you?

Without benchmarks and a direct correlation between number of hits and the ultimate outcome, the number of hits is useless, to me personally. I don't even look at such things.

Quote:
In the end, it is always about price.
The price could be perfect, but if the home isn't staged to sell, it's a condition and/or presentation problem, not price.

The deeper, core question this topic brings up for me is, what metrics are useful and instructive in informing a listing agent and seller whether a particular home is being well received by the market? All I'm saying is, for me, number of hits on Realtor.com isn't even on the radar as a piece of data that informs me.

Steve

Old 05-20-2007, 06:20 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,839,562 times
I do check hits on Realtor.com and many other sites I use (when that is possible), and if a property is getting exposure (being viewed) and no one is choosing to look at it... we have a problem. Probably a pricing problem.

but if I am getting hits on the sites, and the property is being selected and viewed in person, we may have another problem. Of course any problem can be fixed by price, but maybe what they are seeing can be fixed...

Either way, it helps inform me and helps when we have the conversation with the seller. In this market, what a good CMA told us a month or even a week ago may not be relevant today.

Shelly

Old 05-21-2017, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 76,335 times
on Realtor.com on the page with MY home for sale, how can I see # of views of my home? Thanks

Old 05-21-2017, 04:53 PM

2 posts, read 76,335 times
My home is for sale. On relator.com can I (the home owner) see number of views to my property? Thanks 5/21/2017

Old 05-21-2017, 05:31 PM

247 posts, read 363,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post
The number of hits, while not completely useless, isn't really an accurate measure of anything important.
I totally agree as long as the number of hits doesn't take into account individual IP addresses. I totally cyber-stalk houses I like multiple times a day. It's probably an unhealthy obsession. I've looked at the house we're under contract for probably eight times a day since our offer was accepted, and I look at our back ups a couple times a day to make sure they're still active in case this sale falls through. I pour over the pictures of the one under contract to decide where I'm going to put all our stuff and how I want to decorate, and I do the same for the back ups.

Now, if it does differentiate by IP address, then maybe the hits are useful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals