Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 09:57 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,199,670 times

Advertisements

Not a RE pro, but I'm so sorry this happened to you, and I hope you can get some sort of resolution that helps you feel at least a little better about the situation. This is absolutely outrageous.

And I've repped all of the great agents we have posting here who have commented on this thread. I'm not surprised by any of them who are appalled by this lack of professionalism. The ones who have posted have repeatedly demonstrated helpfulness and integrity here on C-D, and are people I would reach out to if I were relocating to an area they served. Just wanted to say that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 10:17 AM

2,181 posts, read 1,627,784 times
Another idea if this really is that overwhelming. Find a local agent that is trustworthy and ask them who to call. Ask friends who they would recommend. As you can see most of us are appalled at this and never want to see it happen. And I hope you come back and let us know how its going.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:20 AM

953 posts, read 842,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post

... And I've repped all of the great agents we have posting here who have commented on this thread. I'm not surprised by any of them who are appalled by this lack of professionalism. The ones who have posted have repeatedly demonstrated helpfulness and integrity here on C-D, and are people I would reach out to if I were relocating to an area they served. Just wanted to say that.
I agree. Recommendations provided by RE agents who regularly post here are thoughtful and typically accompanied by a willingness to follow-up with those seeking assistance, whether they are presented with routine and even vexing problems. I have been consistently impressed by the replies, and one thing I always find refreshing is when someone answers up to a point, and then forthrightly states that there is no substitute for consulting with an attorney specializing in real estate. Good job to all those who are generous with their time and expertise.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:55 AM

14,472 posts, read 12,095,136 times
Wow... that is really outrageous behavior. No excuse for it.

I am sorry it happened to you.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:52 PM

8,543 posts, read 14,018,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
one thing I always find refreshing is when someone answers up to a point, and then forthrightly states that there is no substitute for consulting with an attorney specializing in real estate.
I remember a long time ago I was taking a continuing education class and the teacher said to everyone "a good real estate agent is an expert when it comes to the experts." What he meant was that no one person can know it all. So, you better know who (and when) to call someone else. I guess you could say this about any job . . . stick to your core competencies and you'll be fine.

Old 01-31-2018, 04:03 PM

1,528 posts, read 1,587,957 times
Is marketing the services for troubled / difficult situations a new trend? Traditionally I think the industry tended to focus on the positive and happy moments of moving into a new house or otherwise transitioning in life. So putting aside the awful issue of private info being made public, is this kind of marketing message a new trend? Or an old trend that I never noticed? Just wondering...not a trick question. Obviously the privacy issue is bad but I don't really have an opinion on 'distress' marketing like this (for example using anonymous or hypothetical examples). Maybe there are a lot of consumers who relate to it and the happy advert with the beautiful family and the puppy moving into a new home is just like another planet?

Old 01-31-2018, 04:20 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,208,048 times
there's a lot of folks who shifted their business plan as a Realtor to distressed properties in the recession that sold a lot of homes. most of those folks have now dried up, as foreclosures are much rarer.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:58 PM

14,472 posts, read 12,095,136 times
Being able to solve problems as they come up in a transaction is a valuable skill. I am sure this agent was real proud of the work she did getting to close. She just BLEW IT with the advertising message. She got a little too close to the trees and missed the forest.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:36 PM

229 posts, read 240,653 times
In the 1960's a couple at our church listed their house for sale. On Sunday morning as they were getting ready for church their phone started ringing because people had seen the ad stating that "divorce forces sale".

Old 01-31-2018, 10:39 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,307,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Very poor taste for sure. Check the CA REC website. Often you can just fill out a form and submit it and from there the state will take it from there. Pretty simple. If you have a copy of the flier it would be helpful. Civil Court as someone earlier suggested could also be an option.
www.dre.ca.gov is the pace to start
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals