Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 07:56 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times

Advertisements

The lawyer, referred to by our realtor, never called us to tell us how anything went.
Our realtor never even made a simple call to us regarding how OUR own closing went.
Would you be p'o'd? She decided to email us 1 MONTH afterward to say it was a pleasure working with us and to refer her to any family and friends that might be selling their homes!!!
I forked over 14k for her for her fees and didn't even get a call to let us know how our closing went. We could not make it because we moved out of state and let the lawyer do it by proxy.

WOuld you write a letter back and vent or let her know we weren't happy by the fact that she didn't even acknowledge us with how anything went?

I was shocked to say the least! I guess they take their money and run! I would never refer her to anyone!!!

Any opinions on this? SHould I not even bother? I am glad the house is sold,etc.. but am pizzed that she couldn't pick up a phone and call us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 08:00 AM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,589,470 times
I'd be upset, too. But, did you try contacting your realtor after the closing to see how it went?

Old 06-05-2008, 08:02 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
No I didn't because I was too p.o'd since she didn't even have the common curtesy to call us.

I know it is all over with but it still bugs me at times.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:21 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,981,722 times
I would have called her right after the closing to ask how things went. It was your house and your closing. She probably thought you were OK with everything and only needed to let you know if something was out of the norm. I do agree, a phone call would have been nice, but you could have avoided your own aggravation if you called her straight away. Unfortunately, customer service is not what it used to be.

I would just let it go.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:44 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,894,758 times
lol. Yesterday one of my customers' properties had a closing. Title company never send me a HUD1 or told me it was moved up and closing. Neither did the seller. Just closed it, lol.
That's never happened to me before.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:25 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Closing is owned by the attornies, lenders and title company. If there had been a problem, your attorney woud have been on the horn, during closing.

It sounds like your agent missed the opportunity for a follow-up courtesy call and it cost her a potential referral. Oh well.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:19 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,332,804 times
Completely agree with m.a.m -- there is absolutely nothing wrong the agent not updating you after closing. That said, it is sort of smart business practice to send a card or make a call the reinforce the feeling that everything worked out well. Most successful Realtors do some kind of "former client" contact with calendars, holiday cards or SOMETHING to get referrals/future business...

Old 06-05-2008, 01:25 PM

15,572 posts, read 40,409,288 times
Well if you are bugged over this one lapse, it makes me wonder what you think of her before that. Were there other problems in the transaction and this was the last straw?

Old 06-05-2008, 01:55 PM

788 posts, read 4,067,481 times
I don't see what the problem is. Personally, I prefer to be left alone unless there's an issue I need to be aware of. Honestly, I think you're overreacting. Just don't refer her to others.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:06 PM

2 posts, read 4,946 times
Quote:
there is absolutely nothing wrong the agent not updating you after closing
Certainly there is no legal or ethical violation that occurred here, but seriously... I cannot fathom closing a deal without calling the client to confirm it. I am certainly not one to bash another agent's practices, but that just doesn't make sense to me at all. Closings may be regular events for us as agents, but for the average person they happen only a few times in a lifetime, and there tends to be a lot of stress surrounding the event. Perhaps the agent did a great job coordinating details and the client had nothing to be concerned about, but perception is reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals