Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 09:26 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,481,404 times

Advertisements

Realtor.com - "Search by MLS #" should give an address, its a nationwide database.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 11:37 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,582,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
Realtor.com - "Search by MLS #" should give an address, its a nationwide database.
Unless the local MLS does not publish addresses. Realtor.com draws from the various MLS's, so only get the data they want to share.

It may help if the OP says where they are looking.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:57 PM

982 posts, read 3,487,420 times
You don't have to commit to a Realtor just because you call for information. If you're not in a contract with an agent, call the agent on the sign. If the agent asks 'if you're working with an agent', please don't assume the agent is pushing to get you in his/her car. I'm sure most states are like VA...we are required to ask if you have an agent or not. It helps us determine whether we can help you or if we have to refer you back to your agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon-jon View Post
Sometimes just want to do a simple drive-by of a property after doing search from an MLS. However the results typically don't include street address. So all of the time I have to engage a realtor to help me just to locate the listing property which I found myself online.

Is there a way to find out the address of the MLS listing for a drive-by with out actually committing to a realtor?

Thanks.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:59 PM

982 posts, read 3,487,420 times
That doesn't always work. Here in VA, if the seller doesn't allow us to show their address over the MLS, we have to honor that request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post

Old 10-01-2009, 11:32 AM

148 posts, read 585,226 times
Some clients don't want their address shown, usually in higher price ranges where they're concerned about burglaries, or more private communities where they don't want to inconvenience neighbors with "unwanted" traffic.

There are also agents who don't show it in ads, and sometimes won't give it out over the phone, because certain real estate trainers use a strategy of "get them into the office", and they think that allowing people to drive by contradicts with this. My theory is let them drive by, so I don't have to drive them around only to find out they don't like any of the neighborhoods - if they're interested, they'll call.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:59 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,481,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish Thompson View Post
That doesn't always work. Here in VA, if the seller doesn't allow us to show their address over the MLS, we have to honor that request.
That's an option here, but I've never known anyone to exercise it. If you want to actually sell your home, you have to be willing to put it out there, with the exception of certain exclusive areas or price ranges, where making it harder to get information can ironically be appealing to the type of buyers you are looking for.

I didn't know there were entire MLSs that don't publish addresses. That seems silly to me. If that's the case, you aren't going to get those address from anywhere except a realtor. Period.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:19 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshNHR View Post
I don't know where you are looking but the counties served by the Greater Hudson Valley MLS service are unable to display property addresses alongside the MLS numbers. I called, I complained and no one listened. The short answer from my MLS was: There isn't a demand for it so we aren't adding it. When I asked how to fix it I was given an even shorter answer: GFY. So until the MLS board changes it's ways don't expect a lot of MLS' to display property addresses.
They say there isn't a demand. That's another way of saying you have to go to a realtor to find it so they can also show you some other houses you didn't originally want to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmike View Post
What I did when I needed to find a address is simply google the MLS number.
Be careful with google. We tried that and some of the houses were 2 or 3 blocks away from where google showed us. They have corrected this now, but a while back we googled, just playing around on the puter, the directions to Nashville, Tn. from here. I'm in western Kentucky, maybe an hour from Nashville via I-24, which goes right by my town. Google had me going some 2 lane roads up almost to Marion, Illinois, then get on I-24 and take it to Nashville! lol

Old 10-03-2009, 08:17 AM

765 posts, read 2,568,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryin2buy View Post
No address??? So do they want to sell the house or not???
Sometimes there are reluctant sellers. Sometimes they just want to protect their privacy and with hold the address and make showings by appt only. However if you check several online realtors sites you usually will find one that lists the address unless it is not in the MLS at all. Once you do find a street lcoation you can do a virtual drive by using Google Earth. We were able to eliminate several homes from our searches in advance using Google Earth. Saved us a lot of time especially since we were looking in an area 500 miles away and only had one weekend to pick and purchase the house.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:38 AM

330 posts, read 1,085,087 times
I have a rental house listed with realtor and my tenants say people, including agents stop by frequently without notice and knock on the door asking to look inside. That would **** me off. I guess this would be a good reason people would not want the address listed, although it does hinder the sales process. I agree it would be nice (as a buyer) to have the address listed.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:09 PM

6,818 posts, read 11,548,200 times
Does the listing show the subdivision name? Start there. Enlarge the photo of the house front on your screen to see if you can see the house number on the house. Our tax assessor website lets you search with partial info, you could specify the subdivision and the house number and it will bring up all the "123" house numbers in the subdivision. Google earth street view is great, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate