Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 07:17 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to share my good news. To give you a little background we have been house hunting for a year now, seriously for six months having looked at multiple homes. Between us looking online then driving by to see the house and location to actually finding several to set up appointments to go see, there had to be 50 + homes.

We went out on Thursday this past week, looked at a home, made an offer Friday, Saturday they countered then we accepted, Sunday final changes signed and faxed to realtors. Our settlement date is September 24th. It was like pushing the "easy" button LOL

This would not have been possible though without our realtor who I found through this site and a recommendation by another person. Our realtor was not only patient but clearly busy with other clients always answered our calls, found out what information we wanted, returned calls immediately and made us feel like we were her only clients.

So, for those out there that think Realtors might be a waste of time or money - you couldn't be further from the truth. Our realtor spent a year with us and finally helped us get into a home in a matter of a weekend.

Just wanted to share our good fortune and story with other home shoppers who may be feeling frustrated or annoyed. You just have to be patient and know (especially in this market) that the home you want will eventually show itself and the price will be right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 07:46 AM

64 posts, read 195,750 times
Congrats! I know this all to well....

Old 08-03-2010, 07:50 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,030,335 times
I want to say congrats, but you're not closing until Sept 24th?

Old 08-03-2010, 09:34 AM

167 posts, read 496,214 times
How can one be a homeowner when one hasn't even closed on the house? Did you have an inspection yet? I wouldn't get my hopes up so high as to call myself a homeowner right now if I were you. There can still be many more things going wrong from here til the end. Good luck to you, though!

Old 08-03-2010, 09:59 AM

1,465 posts, read 5,147,704 times
Congratulations (in advance) Andrea

Old 08-03-2010, 10:11 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need_more_light View Post
How can one be a homeowner when one hasn't even closed on the house? Did you have an inspection yet? I wouldn't get my hopes up so high as to call myself a homeowner right now if I were you. There can still be many more things going wrong from here til the end. Good luck to you, though!
Agreed! I just bought a house myself and whew, we thought 3 of them before our actual home now was going to be the "one". We did 3 inspections on potential homes and so many things went wrong! It's just a hope for the best, prepare for the worst type of situation!

OP: Hope this house pans out for you!

Old 08-03-2010, 11:57 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
I want to say congrats, but you're not closing until Sept 24th?
Very common for a August 1 time frame contract. Various reasons include 60 day apartment notices, lenders now requiring extra time, sellers not wanting to close soon, etc.

A 60 day close is not unusual.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:21 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,030,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Very common for a August 1 time frame contract. Various reasons include 60 day apartment notices, lenders now requiring extra time, sellers not wanting to close soon, etc.

A 60 day close is not unusual.
Just think it's unusual for someone to declare themselves a "Homeowner at Last!!!" when they're far from it at this point. Rookie mistake maybe?

Old 08-03-2010, 01:09 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
It's nice to see 1st time homeowner enthusiasm and excitement. Congrats to you, after you get the contract in hand sometimes the hard work begins.

Hopefully you have a great lender who will do all they can to make your experience enjoyable.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:23 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post

So, for those out there that think Realtors might be a waste of time or money - you couldn't be further from the truth. Our realtor spent a year with us and finally helped us get into a home in a matter of a weekend.
Since your realtor was representing you as a buyer it didn't cost you anything.

Also, as the internet real estate databases become more powerful (Redfin is the best but it is only in some markets), realtors become less and less important. Basically they can get you inside the home and process the paperwork and maybe arrange inspections. The remainder can pretty much be done by anyone with an internet connection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate