Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 07:49 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post

Comments like that are not needed.

That we did not accept his offer is what he is probably mad about. Thus, the herbie curbie full of construction waste.
you're kidding right? Just remember I'm not the one that started this incoherent thread in the first place.

Thanks for playing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 10:16 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,112,482 times
Quote:

Comments like that are not needed.

That we did not accept his offer is what he is probably mad about. Thus, the herbie curbie full of construction waste.

Wow. You took 3 full pages to get to the point with people TRULY trying to understand your gibberish. Then you smack down someone who does make sense just because you didn't like his comments.

And this, above, is finally what your whole thread of nonsense is about.

You started off at the end of the story with few details, incorrect details, and a slew of non sequiturs. You then threw in more details unrelated to anything - and you ASK FOR HELP.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:17 AM

1,446 posts, read 3,551,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJoe4181 View Post
you're kidding right? Just remember I'm not the one that started this incoherent thread in the first place.

Thanks for playing.
But your post was pretty off topic. It wasn't about if I should sell the house to the guy, it's about the construction debris that quite possibly came from this person in the herbie ccurbie.

I'm not trying to be abrasive, but it's simply not the issue at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Wow. You took 3 full pages to get to the point with people TRULY trying to understand your gibberish. Then you smack down someone who does make sense just because you didn't like his comments.

And this, above, is finally what your whole thread of nonsense is about.

You started off at the end of the story with few details, incorrect details, and a slew of non sequiturs. You then threw in more details unrelated to anything - and you ASK FOR HELP.

I did not ask for help. I simply asked "How would you handle this?".

The details were related. If you feel some details were unrelated, please point them out. Because I do feel that the initial phone call, meeting with the man calling himself a "builder", the second suspicious phone call from a "withheld" number, then a trash bin being filled to the brim with new construction debris is very relevant.

New Construction debris doesn't just show up in a herbie curbie.

I'm not asking if I should sell him the property or not. That was not even the issue, but it may have been the cause for the incidents that came after the first meeting.

Maybe I should have made it clear that the man described himself as a "builder" who wanted to buy the property and described the "dumpster" as a big trash bin. Sorry. Reflex. I just made a post without reviewing it while I went out to take care of other things happening.

All I was asking was about how one would handle the trash bin filled with construction debris, which obviously came from someone else. It was not over the issue of selling the property, but more of an issue of how I should protect it.

I've already received a good answer.

The phone calls are related in that I met with the guy and he was obviously distraught over the asking price for the property and the trash bin seems to be one of his actions. Who else can find new sheetrock, concrete, fresh dirt, plumbing, and some tile pieces to weight down a herbie curbie in that manner?

How people thought the phone calls were unrelated, even thought two people, one from a suspicious number which was withheld, called with the same numbers, except one person messed up the numbers possibly being fed to him I do not know. That is why I said (A +B), because they were using the same numbers, just someone messed them up.

BTW, I didn't smack down anyone. I'm sorry that I'm in the age of .gif users, but the emoticon is clearly smacking himself in the head. There is an arm and elbow connected to the smiley in there. How you interpret that as me reaching through the computer screen to smack "joe" is quite strange to me.

Last edited by Java378; 04-28-2011 at 11:40 AM..

Old 04-28-2011, 11:21 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
I did not ask for help. I simply asked "How would you handle this?"
That specific question you posed, indeed, is asking for help.

Are you sure English is your first language?

Old 04-28-2011, 11:23 AM

I'm sorry if I just left crumbs and expected people to connect the dots, but when someone asks me for toilet paper when they are working on my roof(4-5 days ago), it only takes me 20 minutes to realize they took a crap somewhere near my yard. And just a day ago, I found that crap. I do not suspend belief and think that the toilet paper is unrelated. Nor do I think the dumpster(yes, a steel dumpster this time) gets comments from the neighbor that "it smells like something died in there" by accident when we go to dipose of more haphazardly tossed shingles.

Or that my e-mail being compromised may have something to do with the PSN being hacked or my laptop being stolen.

Or that an attorney mysteriously calling one of my family's numbers saying she lives behind my neighbor has nothing to do with an upcoming battle of the neighbors that has already hit the internet media. And it doesn't take me long to figure out not to get involved on a negative campaign with someone who can't just walk on over and say hello like the neighbor who lives directly behind you.

It only takes me a few details to come up with more. Sorry.

I was not asking about the selling of a house, but rather the strange appearance of construction debris.

Last edited by Java378; 04-28-2011 at 11:37 AM..

Old 04-28-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That specific question you posed, indeed, is asking for help.

Are you sure English is your first language?

I always thought that question was a hypothetical, like "What would you do?".

I never thought it called someone to action.

I've already taken steps to handle the situation around a day after I posted the thread, BTW. I was just seeing how others would handle it.

The construction debris being the problem and the "builder" being the probable cause behind it. Kind of like if you flip off the mayor and all of a sudden you are ticketed for jaywalking or your media pass is revoked.

I've never been in an interview where I was asked "How would you handle this" and had to go into a room and start taking action. Even with "joe's" answer, he'd still be left with a herbie curbie filled with construction debris. Nothing would be solved. Thus, the comment was not needed. It may not be a question of it English is my first language, but rather do you go outside?

Last edited by Java378; 04-28-2011 at 12:04 PM..

Old 04-28-2011, 12:38 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
Quote:
No.

He's trying to buy it at a reduced price by acting like what he wants to do with the property is my burden.
So you're having him do work on the property and he put stuff in the trash cans?

Old 04-28-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
So you're having him do work on the property and he put stuff in the trash cans?

Oh, sorry. He calls himself a "builder". that is how he describes himself. I have not hired him, nor am I doing work on the property. he is not in my service. He wanted to look at the property.

But, I suspect he put that stuff in the trash cans after his informal offer was rejected. That is why I referred to him as "builder". I am sorry that was unclear.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:06 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,481,404 times
Is there any construction going on in your subdivision where the problem is? I ask because that builder might be your culprit rather than the one who called you. I have seen cheap builders who don't want to pay for a full dumpster on site in a subdivision mostly built out, who went around and put a bit of garbage in every can that was left out. Might that be what happened here?

Old 04-28-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
Is there any construction going on in your subdivision where the problem is? I ask because that builder might be your culprit rather than the one who called you. I have seen cheap builders who don't want to pay for a full dumpster on site in a subdivision mostly built out, who went around and put a bit of garbage in every can that was left out. Might that be what happened here?

Oh. It's not a subdivision type of street.

I checked other trashcans and found nothing. Maybe they could have done a trashcan on each street over a wide area.

I am also not very in touch with any construction projects going on more than 2 streets away.

I just had a very suspect conversation over the phone with a neighbor of the property when he goes from talking about one thing, to talking about the house and almost mirroring the conversation with "withheld". I think he . . no, he admitted that he knew "withheld".

With neighbors like that, it's hard to trust that anyone would watch the place.

I actually thought the neighbor would not be a suspect because his pickup truck was in the backyard, but today it was right in front of the property next to mine that was "For Sale", indicating I underestimated the mobility. he drove off as soon as a buyer's agent showed up to show the house.

BTW, the neighbor creeps me out. He actually said, I don't call him enough, that this is my first time calling him, and he wanted me to call him everyday. I don't even call my Mom everyday(more liek weekly) and we share contractors, do business and live 4 miles apart.

Last edited by Java378; 04-28-2011 at 06:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate