Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:53 AM

345 posts, read 1,578,020 times

Advertisements

Out of everyone that comes to the showing, a few are wasting our time even though we tell our realtor to "make sure they are ready to move".

one couple came out twice (not on open houses but an appointment) and then lowballed us $70,000.. (our realtor explained to their reator beforehand that we are at a near non-negotiable status.....she let them know so that "our time would not be wasted...she made sure the other realtor knew if they were qualified for the price) ...

One couple was looking ... requested a showing... and we found out afterwards they are looking at three towns....

another couple just looked the other day and the feedback was .... well they just flew into town and loved your house (out of three that were shown) but they want to see what else is out there in your town.... well couldn't they have just (again) come to an open house??

shouldn't they just go to open houses to see what is out there?? as opposed to making an appointment to see a house??

let me know your thoughts...

I know it is a BIG deal to buy a house or maybe to look a couple of times... but i feel my (and my family's time) are being wasted by looky loo's (sp) who just want something for nothing!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 10:00 AM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
If buyers come a few times,it means they liked it the first time. I had buyers bring mother,father,relatives,friends,many times they are influenced by the comments by others. It's a lot of money for many people.
Your agent should tell you to be outside or go for a walk,so the buyer would not feel intimidated by the you as the seller

Old 08-29-2007, 10:03 AM

412 posts, read 1,028,520 times
Buyer's market creates the "wasted time." But you can't really look at it as wasted time. Buyer's today have so many choices and the $70k less offer will probaby be the norm for the next year or two. Of course this seems like a large number, but not knowing what your sales price is, it may not be.

Many buyer's want their own time in the homes they are researching. Usually why they avoid open houses. One of these may be your buyer and you must roll with the flow.

It only takes one buyer!

Good luck on your sale and keep your head up. Duane

Old 08-29-2007, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
If buyers come a few times,it means they liked it the first time. I had buyers bring mother,father,relatives,friends,many times they are influenced by the comments by others. It's a lot of money for many people.
Your agent should tell you to be outside or go for a walk,so the buyer would not feel intimidated by the you as the seller

i am never at home when they come. i don't remember saying that i was ever at home... i am making a point...as in if your potential buyers come and come and come again (with relatives) that is fine, but to then find out "we don't like the west side of the street we are going to keep looking" something totally ridiculous... makes my blood boil....like didn't they know the first 5 times they were here???

Old 08-29-2007, 10:30 AM

915 posts, read 3,179,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post
Out of everyone that comes to the showing, a few are wasting our time even though we tell our realtor to "make sure they are ready to move".

one couple came out twice (not on open houses but an appointment) and then lowballed us $70,000.. (our realtor explained to their reator beforehand that we are at a near non-negotiable status.....she let them know so that "our time would not be wasted...she made sure the other realtor knew if they were qualified for the price) ...

One couple was looking ... requested a showing... and we found out afterwards they are looking at three towns....

another couple just looked the other day and the feedback was .... well they just flew into town and loved your house (out of three that were shown) but they want to see what else is out there in your town.... well couldn't they have just (again) come to an open house??

shouldn't they just go to open houses to see what is out there?? as opposed to making an appointment to see a house??

I know it is a BIG deal to buy a house or maybe to look a couple of times... but i feel my (and my family's time) are being wasted by looky loo's (sp) who just want something for nothing!!!
I believe buyer has every rights to take their time to make decision or look at ...it's your right to show or not....what's the big deal? You been thru house buying process before especially first time....remember that moment..a lot folks like that or me going thru the same process

Old 08-29-2007, 10:32 AM

You know,it's hard to understand why. Their agent should have better communication with them also
The buyer may be working or have other schedules.
I can understand how you feel, it's hard to be yourself when selling. You just need to be flexible with situations.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:36 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post

this happens to mostly everyone who sells, you are no different. You need to expect to be incovienenced through this process.

Cannot comment on your 70K #. Maybe you're way overpriced for your market. I don't know

Old 08-29-2007, 10:40 AM

i guess after doing this for 9 mos. it is getting very frustrating... we are "up" and then "down" on a day to day basis.....with the "oh, they loved it and are going to make an offer" to "well, (after 5 1/2 hours) they decided they didn't want to spend that much.... i just think people should "know" more what they want to do before they decide to "waste" other people's time....i have no problem with showing my house to serious buyers...shoot i would even let them spend the afternoon hanging by the pool with their families to see if they like it.... ....

Old 08-29-2007, 10:45 AM

Cannot comment on your 70K #. Maybe you're way overpriced for your market. I don't know[/quote]

i don't think we are overpriced (we are using the realtors opinion as to what it should be priced at and ARE NOT adding a "commission" to the price as so many homeowners have done) as we have received many offers to date... some have fallen thru for financial reasons on their part, others changed their minds about living with their in-laws (we have a home with an in-law)... others were not able to come up to the price (we have found many, many people looking who cannot even afford close to what we are asking) that doesn't mean we are overpriced ... just people trying to "get something for nothing".....anyway, like i said i guess i am just frustrated as we were "not going to continue once the children are in school" and here we are showing the house again!!! lol!!

Last edited by momoffive; 08-29-2007 at 10:56 AM..

Old 08-29-2007, 11:18 AM

Did the agent come with a prequalified letter from the lender?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate