Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 06:20 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times

Advertisements

What I'm seeing in NJ is the incentives seemed to be flip flopping and now in September aren't as good as last month. Every builder has had at least a $10,000 price increase since we started looking.

What we did was drove to just about all of them (missed 1), saw the types of houses, property size and available lots. We decided on two builders, one ended up having the "dream home" that both hubby & I said, this is it.

We then figured out our lot options in that place. There were few lots left in stage 1, they weren't that great due to location, lot size. There were a few houses that were spec'd out with permits pulled, we then looked at those lots. We decided to go for one that we got pretty cheap. Since the foundation hasn't been started, we're looking to move in spring. By this time stage 2 should be starting with prices going up. Had we been down there 2 months sooner, it would have been $20,000 cheaper.

I don't think anyone can predict what new homes will do. There's supply and demand; if the lots / houses are selling, prices will increase
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 08:32 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,645 times
Default wow

Wow Roselvr! Thats a bummer about prices going up. Strange thing
for these times. We are thinking of doing what you did, go and seeing
about a lot, holding that with a deposit till spring,etc. Sounds like there
are alot more builders around you. There are only two newer ones here and
one of them is only building as you order,which was not what he originally
planned,plus hes more $$ than Centex. Best Wishes!

Deb

Old 09-12-2007, 08:37 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
Wow Roselvr! Thats a bummer about prices going up. Strange thing
for these times. We are thinking of doing what you did, go and seeing
about a lot, holding that with a deposit till spring,etc. Sounds like there
are alot more builders around you. There are only two newer ones here and
one of them is only building as you order,which was not what he originally
planned,plus hes more $$ than Centex. Best Wishes!

Deb
I asked just about every place we went to why the prices were raising when those of us that have our houses on the market have to lower and was told the same thing from all of them. All except one or two (not so great school system) seem to be selling.

I would have to say we viewed more then 20 new communities in various parts of South Jersey, in 3 or 4 counties.

Hopefully putting a deposit on a lot will work to your advantage. Good luck!

Old 10-29-2010, 08:54 PM

1 posts, read 534 times
Does anyone know of any future development planned for the Briar Creek homes in Lompoc, CA? I was wondering when or if construction would continue. Also there are high HOA's what are they for. I am looking to move to the base in November and would like any info anyone can give.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate